Funny Scary Movies To Watch

A List Of Comedy-Horror Movies To Sweeten Up Your Halloween

Lately, I haven't been able to take any scary movies seriously.

48

It's the 21st century – and I still can't take horror movies seriously. We have jumped from zombies with overly-exaggerated hilarious makeup and gushing blood to zombies with metal helmets covered in spikes to zombie dogs that can split their mouth open into four different parts. What the fracking frick?

media1.giphy.com

Now, whenever I go to watch a movie, I wonder which parts are going to make me laugh – instead of wondering how scary the movie will be. Who knows, maybe my sense of humor is too sardonic or movies nowadays go the extra mile that some people can't take them seriously.

I want to confess something. The Conjuring is not scary; has never been. And nobody can change my mind.

media2.giphy.com

Since most of my life I haven't been able to take horror movies seriously – or haven't been scared by them – I thought that a good list oh horror comedy would benefit most of us. A good laugh will come in handy, trust me.

1. Scary Movie

If you want to forget who you are and have a good laugh, any Scary Movie will do the job. (Except Scary Movie 5, but we don't know her.)

If you've never heard of these movies, picture them as a humorist anthology of various horror movies that follow the life of Cindy Campbell and her friends. We've gotten parodies of infamous scenes from movies such as Scream, The Blair Witch Project, The Exorcist, The Ring, Saw, The Grudge – you name it.

I recommend a marathon of all these movies if you have to stay in during Halloween to give candy to the kids. Have some friends over at least.

2. A Haunted House

Another series of parody that overtakes a new path for Paranormal Activity and The Conjuring, among some other recognizable scary movies that have managed to make us yawn throughout time. But trust me, this one gets out some many good laughs out of you.

Either you watch A Haunted Hour or A Hunted House 2, I promise that you'll end up peeing yourself. (Although there's more of a structured storyline to this one, so start with the first.)

3. Stitches

Stitches, an Australian movie about a clown that comes back from the dead to take revenge on the kids who killed him, must be on your To-Watch List.

What makes this movie funny are the ingenious ways in which our clown, Stitches, kills his victims/killers. (I'm fazed here...) Despite the blood and guts and eyes flying out through the entire movie, Stitches should be considered a classic among the clown-horror genre. It's got everything you want: gore, a clever clown, death, and humor.

4. Zombieland

For a huge fan of horror and zombies, Zombieland is the movie for you. It follows the story of Columbus, as he meets a cowboy with a weird obsession with Twinkies named Tallahassee, and a pair of sisters who wished to make it to Pacific Playland in California named Wichita and Little Rock. These group of odd people must travel through the country infested by zombies while trying to have a good time at the same time.

And there's also a plus, Bill Murray makes an apparition in this movie, and I think it is iconic.

5. Final Girls

Final Girls is about these group of teenagers who get stuck into a shitty remake of Friday the 13th. While trying to find out a way to get out of the movie, they realize they have to act according to the storyline of the movie. While trying not to meddle with the actual characters, they end getting them killed, and now they have to deal with the killer. Slowly they start dying too, and only the final girl can save them all.

media0.giphy.com

Spooky, I know. However, these are an array of some movies I can never get tired of, but if horror isn't exactly what you want, I'm sure they will hit the spot.