Embarrassing college stories

13 Embarrassing, But Hilarious, College Stories

I asked some of my friends, current college students and alumni, to share a story about the time in college that they felt the most embarrassed. Below is a compilation of my favorite confessions. Hey, at least these things didn't happen to you!

6665

College is a time for studying what interests you most, as well as experiencing the social world with such freedom that many have never had before. I asked some of my friends, current college students and alumni, to share a story about a time in college when they felt the most embarrassed. Stories ranged from annoying inconveniences to tragically humiliating incidents. Below is a compilation of my favorite confessions - some of the most entertaining stories about great mistakes made in college. Hey, at least these things didn't happen to you!

1. Softball Secret

"I had three back-to-back softball games, and it was over 90 degrees and sunny so I was drinking tons of water. Only halfway through the first game, I had an unbearable need to pee. By the third game, I just couldn't hold it anymore. I was on 3rd base and the pee just started running down my leg. I knew everyone could see the dirt below me turning darker."

2. Breakup Breakdown

"I had just gone through a really rough breakup with a long term boyfriend. My friends wanted to distract me from how I was feeling, so we decided to go to a club called liquid. I'm not usually an emotional drunk, but this night I was. I sobbed so hard on the dance floor that I had to be escorted out. I'm sure the security thought I was absolutely out of my mind."

3. Party Pass-out

"It was my first time going to a concert at the Orpheum downtown. I had just gotten back from tennis practice, so I had to shower quick before leaving, but I didn't have time to eat anything. Everyone was pre-gaming for the concert. Hard. I somehow managed to forget that I hadn't eaten anything, but continued to drink anyways. Upon entering the concert, I fainted on a stranger. The stranger called security and I got myself and my entire group kicked out of the concert. Before the opener had even come on."

4. Ghastly Ghosting 

"I had sex once with a guy but it wasn't great so I ghosted him. About a week later, while having sex with a new guy, we were walked in on by the guy I had ghosted. Surprise! They were roommates."

5. Prepubescent Panic

"I made the soccer team, so i was super stoked to play my first game with this new team and make a good first impression. During a game, I was wide open multiple times, but my teammate just would not pass to me. I was getting frustrated, so I screamed at the top of my lungs for him to pass to me. Unfortunately, my shout came out as a terrible prepubescent squeal. I was made fun of for this for the remainder of the season."

6. The Worst Weed

"My first time smoking weed I coughed so hard that I threw up. What made it even worse is that it got all over the rest of the weed that everyone else was planning on smoking...sorry!"

7. Makeup Misfortune

"I got asked to formal but a super hot frat guy, so I wanted to look extra good for that night. I decided to try to wear glue-on eyelashes. I had never put them on before, but I figured it couldn't be that hard. After numerous failed attempts, I finally applied them. One set stayed on the entire night while the other fell off during dinner. Nobody told me that I went basically the entire night with only one on. Looking back at the pictures we took I look like I'm just winking in all of them. At least I can laugh about it now, but at the time it seemed like my entire formal was ruined."

8. Horrendous Haircut

"The coolest hairstyle at the time was shaved underneath and long on top. I had long hair, but my mom refused to let me get the underside shaved because she thought it looked hideous. Being the little rebel that I was, I enlisted one of my friends to shave my hair for me. We obviously didn't have any of the proper tools, so we just used a straight edge razor. It was ten minutes of the most terrible scratching and burning feeling, then I broke out with the worst razor burn imaginable. In the end, I guess my mom was right. My hair looked hideous."

9. Skiing Slip-Up

"I was skiing with a group of friends and a guy that I had had a crush on for the longest time. He said he was impressed with my ability to swerve around trees really fast so, of course, I had to push it to the limit to impress him further. I slipped on some ice and, you guessed it, I smacked head first into a giant tree. He was super sweet about it and made sure I was okay, but that so wasn't the type of attention I was going for."

10. Gossip Grief

"Just yesterday my friends and I were in the common room of one of their suites and we started talking about one of the guys that lived in the building and how creepy we thought he was. The whole time though, I had this unnerving feeling like we were being listened to...because we were. As soon as I said that I felt he could be listening, he pops up from around the corner and loudly shushes us. He definitely knew we were talking about him. Whoops."

11. Mac Mistake

"The mac and cheese at my dining hall is super good so it always runs out super quickly. I was super lucky though and got the last bowl that was left. I was so excited to eat it that I didn't watch where I was stepping and I tripped and basically threw my tray across the room. There must have been at least 200 people staring at me. I'm still disappointed that I didn't get to eat that mac and cheese."

12. Toilet Paper Troubles

"I'm not very picky about most things, except when it comes to toilet paper. Whenever I travel I always have to bring along my own toilet paper, the crappy hotel paper just won't do. When I was going through security their detector found something. I was mortified when I had to explain to three security guards why I had so many rolls of toilet paper in my bag."

13. Harsh Hangover

The University of M.U.S.C.L.E.

"I had the worst hangover of my life but I had to run to catch the bus to Chicago. I made it on, but then immediately went into the tiny on-board bathroom and puked my guts out. I didn't bring any water with me. I felt that if I moved even a little bit again that I would puke so I rode for the entire trip locked in the bathroom. I hope nobody else had to go!"