15 Of The Funniest Things That All Dads Do

In honor of Father's Day I wanted to show off the funny things that all dads do that make them uniquely a dad.

1363
Peyton Davis

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there - especially my dad!

Something that makes fathers so cool is the quirky and fun things they do. I hate for it to sound like I'm picking a little on fathers (especially on Father's Day), but these quirky funny things dads do are just proof they care and want to keep their families happy. It's what makes dads uniquely amazing.

My dad is absolutely no exception. I am so blessed to have a father like mine. His unique and quirky traits are so funny and make every moment of my life entertaining. Just these 15 dad-traits make me smile and think about my dad and the fun memories we've created because of them. He has always been there for me and never fails to make a bad day happier. To the dads this Father's Day, know your family is thankful for all you do for them - even the funny, quirky traits.

Fall asleep the second they sit on the couch 

For some reason, all dads end up falling asleep the second they sit down on the couch. No matter if my dad has a ton of energy, our couch just sucks the energy right out. But, when you try and change the channel, he always says "no I did not." Couches are THE nap taking spot for all dads.

Ask about your car

Every dad is notorious for asking their children - especially daughters - if they have gotten their oil changed or when their next one is. My dad is the first person I call when something is wrong with my car. He always knows what to do about every car problem. And, like clockwork, my dad knows just when my car is ready for an oil change. Thankful that dads are worried about our cars more than we are.

Sneeze really loud

I swear all dads sneeze so loud for absolutely no reason. You're absolutely lying if you say your dad has a quiet sneeze. My dad has a dramatic action before he is going to sneeze super loud so you and everyone around him is prepared.

Act like they are way younger than they are

Every dad acts way younger than they are. They dress way younger and drink like they are in college. This is why your dad is your greatest ally because they get it.

Think they are smarter than a GPS

Dads and directions. Dads feel like they know how to get everywhere and anywhere and the GPS means nothing. My dad is notorious for taking shortcuts even if the GPS says a different route is faster.

Write in all caps

If you have ever seen your father write something down, they will write the whole thing in all caps. No matter what it is.

Have thick wallets

I mean how do they do it? They carry almost everything they possibly can in their wallets. I do not know why they need to carry their Costco card from months ago to go somewhere, but they do.

Back into parking spaces

I think this one is fathers but also guys in general. Even if just pulling into a space is easier they will still back into it.

Comment on gas prices in other cities and states

When you go on vacation with your family when you stop for gas in different cities, your dad will comment on the gas prices. It doesn't matter where you are - they will say something about the gas prices whether higher or lower.

Shake their handful of candy/peanuts before popping into their mouth

It is so random but true. Next time you see your dad eat a snack watch the way he eats it. He will put a handful of whatever it is in his hand and he will shake his hand around before he pops the snack in his mouth. One weird thing but I swear dads do this.

Saying ask your mom 

As kids, we all love having to play the game of asking our parents if we can do something. You will ask your mom if you can do something and she will say to ask your dad. Then you go ask your dad and they say "Go ask mom" or "Did you ask your mother?".

Saying "You make a better door than a window." 

One of those funny dad jokes. Somehow either me or one of my siblings will be blocking his view and he will say to us "you make a better door than a window".

Fart loudly for no reason

So gross, but so oddly hilarious. I swear even my own dad does this to be goofy with me and my siblings. It may be gross, but it always gets the family laughing.

Crazy about their lawn

Dads just love their lawn, especially in the summer. My dad is all about making sure the lawn looks perfectly mowed. Even now that my brother is older and mows most of the time, my dad will still be on my brother's bait making sure he is mowing it perfectly.

Always the middle ground between you and mom

Dads are always the kid's biggest ally against mom. Dads will somehow manage to be the perfect middle ground between the kids and the mom. Your dad will always have your back.