Christmas Songs To Tickle Your Funny Bone

And now it's time for Silly Songs with Kaitlyn

9

Every year on the day after Thanksgiving, sometimes before, the radio stations automatically switch to Christmas music. You can hear "Joy to the World", "Jingle Bells", and "Feliz Navidad" on every station until December 25th. Christmas songs range from classic, to fun, to sacred, but there are also the outright silly ones, the ones that are hardly ever played. These are the kind of songs that are just outrageous enough and catchy enough to get stuck in your head all day. Here are five for your enjoyment.

"Dominick the Donkey" by Lou Monte

You either love it or hate it, and I personally love it. Dominick is an Italian donkey who helps Santa deliver presents. The reindeer can't get up the hills in Italy, so Dominick carries the gifts on his back.

"Leroy the Redneck Reindeer" by Joe Diffie

Rudolph gets sick and asks his cousin Leroy to fill in for him. All the other reindeer laugh at Leroy because he wears overalls and drives a truck, but by the end of the song they are singing a different tune.

"Mambo Santa Mambo" by the Enchanters

.This song is basically about Santa doing the mambo and being the best at the mambo.

"Christmas Cookies" by George Strait

Strait sings about his love for Christmas cookies in the song. He finds them so irresistible that he sometimes eats them before his wife can get the icing on them.

"Santa Claus is Watchin' You" by Ray Stevens

Ray Stevens is known for his comedy songs like "The Mississippi Squirrel Revival", and this song was also a hit. In the song, Stevens tells his wife that she had better be good to him because Santa Claus is watching her all the time (He's everywhere, He's everywhere!)