10 Game-Changing Dates For Anyone Living In Fort Myers, Florida

Because "Netflix and Chill" is so yesterday.

8443

To all of the guys out there who are wanting to take their lucky lady or the girl they sit next to in bio, on a date:

Before we get started, I hope the one thing you take from this is: we are over the "Netflix and chill.” This date, or the idea of a “date,” has been completely overused and misinterpreted, to say the least. You want to be different or spice it up with your girl? Well, allow me to assist you. After all, I am from the lovely 239 and I am here to help you make your first, your second or just your normal Friday date night a success for all of the people in Fort Myers, Florida.

1. Night on the beach

As cliché this may sound, a romantic walk on the beach will forever melt any girls heart. Living in Fort Myers, we are lucky enough to have many beach options. We have Sanibel, Venice, Fort Myers (as long as it's not the Lanai Kai, unless that’s what she wants), Barefoot, Marco, Naples and so many others. Finding a beach in your mile radar shall be no problem. Arrive around 5 p.m. that way there is still light out, spread a blanket and sit down in a nice comfortable area, watch the sunset, treat her to dinner on the water then finish the lovely evening with a walk on the beach guided by the moonlight. I promise it’s a winner every time (hint, hint).

2. HeadPinz

Tonight is the night you bring out your inner child. HeadPinz is always being the place to be with awesome music (after 10 p.m. that is). Filled with bowling lanes, a full bar, arcade games and laser tag. Yes, you read that right. Laser tag. This is an ideal place to relax, let loose with just you and your significant other or perhaps for a double date with friends.

3. Scenic flight tour

This by far is my favorite date idea. It’s so thoughtful and romantic; there are definitely tears in the eyes during this date. Believe it or not, Fort Myers has a huge aviation society, recently in 2014 Paragon Flight School was named “Best Flight School” by AOPA. Take your lover up in the sky for a view over the ocean or a chance to see a breath-taking sunset like no other for $235 an hour. Call Paragon today to book your flight and start saving up your money; it for sure will be a date to remember.

4. The Escape Room adventures

This is a new and exciting location to try out! You are given clues and an hour to escape from a room and it's located near the Bell Tower mall. It’s been open since December, and it’s a guaranteed great time. I would also suggest this to be a group date experience. Invite your most fun friends, grab your girls and escape a room by solving a murder, escape area 52 or just a normal bedroom.

5. Downtown Fort Myers

It’s beautiful, historic and full of delicious restaurants. There is also something going on whether it is music walk that falls on the third Friday of every month, or it's Art Walk that falls on the first Friday of every month. Everything is so cute and artsy in the River District. The restaurants are mostly based in historical themes based upon Fort Myer’s history, with Ford’s Garage, Firestone and even Capone’s all of the famous names in history who once was hiding out, lived or part-time vacationed here in Fort Myers, Florida. With the old theater, The Repertory Theatre, putting on performances all throughout the months and cute little shops you and your babe will have tons to do together on a Saturday night out.

6. The Estero Bay

You and your person have a thing for outdoor fun? Then the Estero Bay is just for you. Rent canoes, paddleboards or kayaks and explore the beautiful nature of Southwest Florida.

7. Travel to Naples, Florida

Fill up the gas tank and make the 40-minute drive to Naples, with it's chic little shops and adorable 5th Avenue, it will sure be a very successful date to do. What woman doesn’t love to “wine, dine and spend your dimes?”

8. Naples Zoo

If she is an animal lover like myself, a trip to the zoo will definitely bring out her inner child. Nothing like the monkey island tours, feeding giraffes and non-stop animal shows. This is a perfect Saturday daytime trip to do with you and your boo. P.S. Naples residents get discounts—yay!

9. Hibachi Grill

For some reason Fort Myers has many Hibachi grills in the area, and nothing is more fun than having someone about melt your face off with the flames that they are cooking your meal on and stuffing your face with endless fried rice. Between DaRuma’s, Kumo’s and Osaka’s, there’s plenty of food for you and your date to devour.

10. Romantic night in

After naming activities that you and your significant other can do in the city of Fort Myers, I thought it would be nice to end my ideas with a romantic night in with just you and your girl. Nothing is better than putting on your favorite pajamas and some fuzzy socks, cooking dinner with candles lit on the tabletop. You guys can build a fort and snuggle or play board game all night, whatever you need to do to share the laughs and memories with that person.

Have a great date!