Fun, Cheap Things to do in Indianapolis Over the Summer!

Sunny days and saving money, what more could you want?

139
Scripps

Summer break is almost here, which means days of not knowing what to do are also ahead. You and your friends will sit around talking about what to do with a common concern: Everyone wants to save money. This is a common trend among college students, so here are 14 fun, cheap things to do in Indy this summer.

1. Symphony in the Park
During the late spring and summer, the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra offers free, hour long concerts in parks all over the city. Click the following link to see the schedule for the entire season: https://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-symphony-or...

2. Concerts on the Canal
Concerts on the canal are free concerts! The concerts are held on Thursdays during the spring, summer, and fall. This is something great that everyone can enjoy! Not only are there concerts, admission is free to the Indiana Experience between 4pm-8pm on these same nights!

3. NCAA Hall of Champions
This is another great activity for people of all ages. The admission price for adults is $5 and $3 for the ages of 6-18 and 60+ years old. Children 5 and under are free. The hall of champions is located right next to the NCAA headquarters in Downtown Indy.

4. IndyCar Factory
This is a great activity for anyone who loves auto racing, especially during the month of May. Visit the Dallara IndyCar Factory in Speedway. Admission for adults is $10, Senior Citizens is $5, and Kids 12 and under are $5. Kids under 4 get in free.

5. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
The IMS Museum is located inside the grounds of the Speedway. On normal days the admission fee is $10 for adults and ages 6-15 are $5. Kids 5 and under are free. Pay attention though to the activities going on at the track because that causes prices to vary, especially during the month of May. To check out the schedule click on the following link: https://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/at-the-t...

6. Hamilton County Sheriff's Residence and Jail
Now if you're a big history buff, this location is right up your alley. When you visit Hamilton County, make sure to stop by the Old Sheriff's Residence and Jail. This is located in Noblesville. Admission is free, but donations are accepted.

7. Holliday Park
Holliday Park is a wonderful place for families and friends. What is better than enjoying outside during the summer. Admission is free and Holliday Park is located on Spring Mill Road in Indianapolis.

8. Eagle Creek
Eagle Creek Park is located off of 56th Street. Admission is also free and this is also another great way to enjoy the outdoors during the summer!

9. Sno Zone
This is a shaved ice stand in Broad Ripple and is delicious on a hot day in the summer. The average price is $3.50. I'd say that's a pretty great deal, especially when you get to pick three of your favorite flavors!