How To Get A Full Coverage Look With Drugstore Makeup

This is for my fellow Barbies on a budget.

97
Fashion Confession

We all want to look and feel fabulous, but what if our bank account disagrees? Well ditch Sephora and head on over to your local drugstore, because you can still look AMAZING without a high price tag! Here's how I do a full coverage look with only makeup from the drugstore.

Note: I don't have a favorite eyeshadow palette or brow product from the drugstore. I didn't want to put something on here that I don't truly use and love! Also, the costs are an estimate as each drugstore sells at different prices. You can also get these for even less using coupons and if you wait for BOGO deals!

1. Foundation

This is one of my favorite full coverage foundations! The product is supposed to act as a 2-in-1 for foundation and concealer, and that is definitely true if you're looking to go for a medium-full coverage look. I love how this foundation comes in a pump, since it keeps things sanitary and allows me to have more control over how much product comes out. This foundation easily covers up my acne, scars, redness, and dark circles with just a pump and a half. The formula is creamy and easy to blend, both with a brush or sponge. The biggest downside is that it oxidizes, so pick up a shade that’s lighter than your actual skin color so that it can match your skin color better when it oxidizes. I’m in the shade 02, for all my light-medium readers out there!

Cost: ~ $10

2. Concealer

This is a new line from Wet N’ Wild that is AWESOME! The Photo Focus concealer especially stands out for me, since it’s thick, but still manages to blend out to such a natural finish. I like this for everyday makeup too, but this is especially great for a full-coverage look because you can layer it up without it bunching or creasing. I use this to cover up my blemishes and dark circles, and it makes them look like they weren’t there in the first place.

Cost: ~ $3

3. Powder

The Coty Airspun powder is great for locking in your cream products all day. Not only do I like setting my face with this on days when I’m wearing a lot of full-coverage makeup, but I also bake my under eyes with this powder. It’s thick texture makes it so easy to press on top of concealer, and it makes my skin look airbrushed and smooth. I believe you can only find this at Walmart in stores, so it's unfortunately not at all drugstores.

Cost: ~ $6 - $8

4. Bronzer

This is my holy grail bronzer. I have no interest in picking up a high end bronzer because this one works so well! This isn’t heavy, but it layers up so beautifully that you could make this work for any look. It isn’t glittery, but still manages to have a nice glowy finish to it that makes you look like you have a healthy tan to your skin. It also smells great and comes with a mirror in the compact. This is expensive for the drugstore, but I think it's worth every penny since the product performs well and lasts for a while.

Cost: ~ $15

5. Contour

This is one of those products that I put on and think doesn’t do anything, but then turn and realize that my face looks significantly slimmer. The contour shade for this palette is spot on for my skin tone, since it's cool toned enough to look like a natural shadow without making the skin look gray. It blends very easily looks natural on the skin. This is similar to the butter bronzer where it’s buildable, and I prefer cheek products like that because I have more control over how much product I want to use. This also comes with a beautiful highlight shade if you’re looking for that natural glow. I like using this highlighter on my nose and brow bone, since it isn’t glittery or metallic but still offers a subtle glow.

Cost: ~ $12

6. Blush

These are the whole package. They have beautiful shades that are easy to blend, layerable, and overall gorgeous on the skin. Even if you do accidentally put too much on, the formula is very forgiving and you can blend the color out to your desired intensity. These also last all day and never look blotchy. My two favorite shades are Pearlescent Pink (dupe for Nars Orgasm!) and Apri-Cot in the Middle.

Cost: ~ $3

7. Highlighter

There’s not much to say about this product except that it’s BLINDING. This is definitely not for a natural look, but it’s so gorgeous for when you want to be super extra. Just like the other products, it’s easy to blend and looks amazing on the skin.

Cost: ~ $10

8. Mascara

This mascara makes me look like I’m wearing falsies, it’s THAT good. You can easily get a volumized and lengthening lash look out of this that’s to die for. People are saying that this is a dupe for Too Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara, but I’d like to argue that this is even better! This mascara is absolutely gorgeous, doesn't flake/smudge, and lasts all day on the eyes. Highly recommend!

Cost: ~ $9

9. Eyeliner

The Wet N Wild Megaliner glides super easily, doesn’t bunch up, is easy to remove if you make a mistake, and precise. I love how the applicator is nice and thin so I’m able to easily flick out the wand for a flawless wing and also like how the formula isn’t too inky/smudgy because that makes it easy to wipe away when I inevitably make a mistake. This comes in a few colors, so have fun exploring!

Cost: ~ $3

10. Lipstick

I absolutely adore these. What really makes me fall for this product is the formula. We all know how matte liquid lipsticks tend to suck the life out of our lips and exaggerate texture and lines. But these, just like the name says, are soft. The formula is mousey, lightweight, opaque, comfortable, hydrating, but still manages to be matte after it dries. The only downside is that they aren't going to last all day like a liquid lipstick, but I'd rather reapply once than have crusty lips. This line has a ton of colors, and my favorite shades right now are Cannes, Stockholm, San Paulo, and Istanbul. I’m still expanding my collection in these, so I’m sure there are many more favorites to come!

Cost: ~ $6

11. Setting spray

This setting spray adds a natural radiance to my face and lets all the powder products beautifully set on top of the skin. It really does make my makeup last longer, and I love how healthy it makes me look, especially when I’m wearing a lot of makeup that could easily cake up.

Cost: ~ $8