From Theory to Practice

All actions are built off of ideas; it is from these ideas that springs consequences. As capitalism moves into increasingly more barbaric stages, and the lines between idealism and realism blurs; humanity is faced with an every pressing matter: survival or extinction. It is not dramatic to say that Extinction is a legitimate threat confronting humanity as capitalism cannibalizes human civilization and the natural Biosphere with unprecedented fervor. As the climate destabilizes, the poor and disenfranchised will be relentlessly devastated by the on slot of extreme weather getting generated by the haphazard readjustment of the global climate and the breakdown of the biosphere occurring within the anthropocentric driven mass extinction. As the biosphere starts to buckle, the global economy and its immensely complex, overly extended trade and commerce networks will be stressed to the breaking point. At which point, social stratification will cause the collapse of civilization when artificial scarcity is made real; and the fascistic underbelly of global capitalism will reveal itself fully in the desperate attempt at restoring the illusion of the market-monetary systems of capitalism.

Recognizing the threats posed by the breakdown of the biosphere and its impact on the need for a complete restructuring of civilization is required in order to prevent the ecological catastrophe and the human created atrocity predictably going to happen if inaction continues. To achieve this, one must also recognize that we must uproot roughly 10,000 years of human civilization and institutional system is built off of the behavioral methodology of our anthropocentric ancestors and the stratification generated over 10,000 years of deliberate economic privatization and aristocratic hoarding. The last 10,000 years has been a constant struggle between the egalitarian memory of hunter gatherer society and the artificiality of privatized elites designating themselves above the rest of humanity. The adoption of agriculture is rooted in the creation of the market-monetary system and the abuse/destruction of the biosphere. While these may not have been intended repercussions of agriculture and all that developed around it; it doesn’t alter the negative affects, nor the need to rapidly move away from it as a foundation of civilization.

To reconcile these major contradictions that of been the background of human civilization for the last 10 millennia; the foundation bedrock of the United Federal Republic is the heritage of biology that recognizes the commonality of all humans as interconnected within the larger reality of existence. To accomplish this principle in more than just vague rhetoric; the Four pillars of the United Federal Republic are designed to actualize these scientific truths. The Four pillars as they stand in descending order are: Direct Democracy, Representative Democracy, Meritocracy, and Technocracy. These four philosophical pillars are designed to formulate institutional mechanisms and structures that combine to create a new complex form of civilization recognized on the Kardashev scale of cosmic civilization known as a Type One civilization.

Direct Democracy holds the most fundamental aspect of the United Federal Republic in recognizing every human has a critical part of the collective species. Direct action, mutual aid, solidarity, amongst other ideals form the standard in which every community must organize into a unified collective system. With modern technologies, collective decision making can inject into every day life The responsibility of collective action and participation of all within civilization. Universal voting rights, expanding earlier the voting age, pardoning all non-violent felons and other reassessed statures that prevent current voting participation, etc; must be immediately restructured if we wish to construct a unified human society and civilization. The Representative Democratic aspect is expressed through a federal structure that unifies every city, town, and village into a simultaneously centralized, decentralized non-hegemonic collective. There currently exists, as of 2015 data, 19,505 cities, towns, villages in the United States. If we recognize the need to create a federation on the pretext of these local communities, we must also acknowledge the need to include all communities in US territories and invite all native tribes and Nations. If such a federation were to form, the collective cohesion over sub regional, regional, and super regional areas will be more manageable than what currently exists with the state apparatuses of the 50 states of the union and the territorial governments. Not only would such a federation strengthen the union between the peoples of the nation; it would prevent Balkanization and other destabilizing factors that would do only harm against the poor and vulnerable. This strengthening is seen in the formation of polis systems in each community that can organize the institutions, organizations, and individuals of the community in a neutral setting in which grievances can be dealt with, projects and plans for the community can be discussed, cooperative efforts can be managed and conducted, etc.

The Second Bill of Rights is mass-line made manifest. In order to serve every community, we must make every community self-sustainable and self-sufficient. Food, water, energy, infrastructure, knowledge, and productive abilities are all critical for modern human existence and the necessary resources to survive any form of climate destabilization and a people upheaval created by the breakdown of civilization. It is therefore critical to recognize that the Proletariat, the common people, must make sure to recognize the dignity of the human individual and its context in our species as a collective. In order to execute institutional mechanisms that can ensure this mass-line embodiment within the Second Bill of Rights, structural apparatuses designed off of the final two Pillars of the United Federal Republic can reconstruct civilization from the ground up. When one recognizes economic revolutions in industry, especially those revolving around technological advances like automation; the reality of human labor becoming obsolete increases year-by-year. To reconcile this reality with the necessary human labor and organization, Department structures within the federal apparatus can offer the means of establishing legitimate meritocratic and technocratic systems of civilization.

Meritocratic management can be seen in the natural leadership amongst cooperating human elements within the collective species. The necessary skill sets that one may cultivate in life can be redirected towards the mutual benefit of oneself and the collective simultaneously. To reinforce natural leadership, structural foundations revolving around the cultivation of wisdom would be coupled with skill set initiatives surrounding the leadership of department structures. A similar structural basis for the Technocratic pillar will rely on objective skills necessary for advanced and complex technological civilization. The need to solidify science as a bedrock of economic fundamentals is an unequivocal stipulation for modern technological life. We cannot continue economic management based on dogmatic beliefs and faith in esoteric ideas like markets, monetary rationing, and privatized ownership of civilization.

With the Four Pillars conceptualized, it is time to assess the embodiment of mass-line previously mentioned. In this sense, the idea of turning every community into a self-sustainable and self-sufficient system is the end goal of mass-line philosophy. By providing self-sufficiency and self-sustainability, each community can deal with itself as a collective (the Polis) and as the individuals of the community. The meritocratic and technocratic pillars are designed to bring about the mass-line via a social contract known as the Second Bill of Rights; consisting of food, water, energy, infrastructure, knowledge, and productive abilities.

Food is capable of being provided to every community using decentralized production and distribution methods including but not limited to: community gardens/individual Gardens, Greenhouses, edible plants in parks and surrounding areas; in addition to Industrial Greenhouses that can produce large scale production, year round, isolated from the greater environment of the biosphere, and can function using significant less resources in comparison to agriculture via methodologies like aquaponics, hydroponics, aeroponics, etc that relies on no petrochemicals. Water is capable of being abundant when not wasted on current production methods such as agriculture, hydraulic fracking, etc. with technology like desalinization, we can also create abundance using the worlds oceans. Energy is capable of being provided to every community and every individual utilizing technologies of renewable energy sources like wind, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric, tidal, even non-radioactive material for nuclear power via deuterium and thorium. Infrastructure consists of all aspects of human civilization; including transportation, communication, living spaces, health service areas, etc. The notion of segregating these regions and basic needs for human survival likes shelter is contradictory to basic human decency. This is why the full declaration of infrastructure as a collective necessity for human life and civilization must be recognized.

When one involves the concept of “value“ and “wealth“, one can soon make the connection that knowledge is the greatest value and currency a sentient species could accumulate within the region of space said species develops. The notion that precious metals or other arbitrary things that humanity dames “valuable“ right now holds little in relations to what other intelligent life forms in the universe would view as valuable. Therefore, knowledge and its basic form, data, is a universal value construct that can be traded and exchanged in ways that extrapolate value without the idea of associating resource rationing with the creation and perpetuation of scarcity under the pretext of establishing perceptions of “wealth“ and “value”. Thus the imperative need for humanity to create a collective repository of our knowledge as a species, in its entirety, must be an initiative taken upon by the United Federal Republic as the pretext of the Right of Knowledge.

Finally, we are confronted with a challenge that has caused centuries of economic and political strife, extrapolated off of the idea private economics rationalize in order to justify the hoarding of elements of civilization; like productivity of economies, and the management of workforce outside the collective reach of public decision-making. The last right, the Right of Productive Abilities, is a critical factor for any community if they are to establish self-sustainability and self-sufficiency. The collective productivity of a society must be recognized as being inherently in the hands of the individuals enacting the needed work. This dates back to the struggle between what is known as the proletariat, the vast majority of those within current market-monetary civilization; who are destined to be complacent like cogs in a machine that is built purely for the benefit of a small minority, to whom this old rivalry has known as the bourgeoisie, elites, “masters of the universe“, etc. This rivalry exposes the contradictions, inefficiencies, and outright backwards logic in the incentive systems revolving around the market-monetary system.

It is therefore abundantly clear that the democratization of economic productivity must be placed in the hands of every community and every individual. To accomplish this task, utilization of modern technology such as automation can provide large scale industry in every community without relying on human labor to accomplish the tasks. Furthermore, each individual would be capable of obtaining a 3-D printer; for which all needs, in terms of necessary products, would be capable of being accessed by open sourcing all intellectual property into a collective networked system. By doing so, every individual, and every community, would have access to all products that can be produced and distributed locally from community printers, and individually from household printer devices. This fundamentally abolishes all private business, possibly business as a concept in its entirety, and reorients economic focus towards large-scale projects such as infrastructure creation, sub-orbital infrastructure development, and eventually development of infrastructure on other celestial bodies.

As we have broken down in the preceding pages of this work; the imperative need for rebuilding and restructuring all human civilization must be taken upon by humanity itself. We must organize our species to fit the four pillars of the united federal republic as a means of ensuring the survival of our communities, the Biosphere, and our species as a whole. We must make the conscious effort of removing barbarism and the anti-human, anti-life mentalities that have been guiding our species and civilizations for generations. The time to put into practice basic human decency, cooperative intention, desire for mutual aid in solidarity; is now.

Humanity faces its greatest challenge ever seen in its history, we are creating the very destruction we are trying to prevent for our own incompetence and ignorance. But it is not a matter of destiny, fate has not set in stone the decline and extinction of humanity. If we take the best of what we have created over 10,000 years of history, we can overcome the challenges and problems with face today with a steadfast thrust to not just superficially deal with these issues in order to push it on to other generations; but to harden our resolve towards successfully creating an entirely new global community and civilization epoch for our species. A Type One civilization that the United Federal Republic aims to create is not utopian. But even with creating a system that eliminates drudgery, and offers humanity a life not reliant on work and struggle; there will still be issues we and other generations must face. It is in that effort, that we came to establish the United Federal Republic so that our collective knowledge and wisdom can accumulate. Thus arming future generations with the needed resources and mentalities to face issues in a global interconnected community, and expanding the human species in an organized manner into the greater universe, and beyond.