From An Introvert To The World Outside: It's Not You, It's Me.

To be introverted is not to be shy, but is, however, to be a free thinker.

122
Facebook.com

Being an introverted person comes with its pros and cons, but one of the most common misconceptions is that we are all just a bunch of pessimists who mope around, can't make new friends, lay in bed all day, and cry. (I'm not going to lie, we do have our moments...and the crying part usually involves a Netflix marathon and a bag of Doritos.) I can promise you that the myth will be debunked once you befriend and grow to care for an introverted person because, let's face it, we're quite a catch.

A lot people even feel as though they fall under both or neither ends of the spectrum. Some feel as though they have the tendencies of both an introverted and extroverted individual, and that's okay! These titles are not meant to label anyone or make them feel inferior to others, but to help them gain a better understanding of how they're feeling and why they're behaving the way they are.

The functionalities and daily excursions of an introvert are basically no different than any other human being. We go through the mundane routine of day-to-day nonsense and somehow make it through the day in one piece. However, some of the feelings and physical attributes that coincide with daily activities differ from those of other people. Whether you're the most introverted human being on this planet, a curious extrovert, or just flat out bored, here are just some of the many truths about us exciting introverts:

1. Our alone time is precious.

The time that we get to spend in the comfort of our "safe space" is very sacred to us and, in a sense, could help us either unwind and process the days events or recharge and prepare for life's next adventure. If we don't respond to texts for a little while or simply just want to be left by our lonesome, please leave us be. We still care and want to talk or spend time with you, however we just need a little space.

2. If we don't start the conversation, it doesn't mean we don't want it to happen.

A hefty amount of introverts are a bit on the shy side, and with that shyness in mind, sometimes it's a little difficult to start a decent conversation or keep one going.

3. Basically, we've got the best of both worlds.

Yes, that indeed was a Hannah Montana reference. Anyways, on a serious note, a little perk of being an introvert is that we get a little taste of both sides and get to view different experiences in ways that some people wouldn't even be able to wrap their mind around. We keep to ourselves and do our own thing when we need to and, when we are up to it, we can go out, party, have fun, explore, socialize, and let loose. However, with all of that activity comes a point where we know we've exceeded our limit. There's only so many amazing thing we can fit into one day!

4. Our friends are actually the best....like the very best.

I'd hate to brag, but we really do have the best bunch of pals around. They understand us like no other and are willing to give us the time, space, care, and love that we need. If you're an introvert and these qualities don't match those of your friends, it seems as though it may be time to cut them off. Speaking of friends, it's extremely common for introverts and extroverts to be the best of friends. Since opposites attract, it seems to be the perfect match!

5. We tend to be some pretty deep thinkers.

A plentiful amount of us introverts are innovative, witty, and smarter than you can imagine! Due to our considerable amounts of alone time, we get a lot of thinking done. Our imaginations and attention to sensory details also help us branch out our creative side. That thinking and creativity can spawn new, great ideas and maybe, just maybe, change the world. I know that may seem like quite a stretch, but impossible things are happening every single day! In fact, a lot of the greatest writers, such as Edgar Allen Poe, are introverts! (Now that sounds pretty optimistic for someone who tends to be labeled as a pessimist by society, am i right?)

And lastly.....

6. Believe it or not, our hearts are really big. Huge, even. Practically ginormous.

Although we may not be able to exert an adequate amount of effort into certain things, we sure do have a whole lot of love to give. That probably sounds generic and cheesy, but its truer than a lot of things I've heard in my time. We care so much about the people we love, and sometimes it hurts us that we can't show it at all times. With that being said, please be patient with us. Our hearts, while very big, are fragile and too much exertion can scare us away.

When all is said and done, we are all equal in the sense that we are human beings trying our very best to be happy and contribute to the building up of this beautiful world. It doesn't even matter how you show that. Whether it's from outside or in your house, with your head in the clouds or your nose buried in a book, it's the thought that counts. I am an introvert. Many of my friends are introverts. Too many people on this planet are introverts and tend to feel uncomfortable with who they are and end up pushing themselves to be someone they are not. Just remember that you are capable of great things and deserving of all the love in the world, don't let anyone tell you differently. That goes for you extroverts and inbetweeners too, I would never leave you guys out.