From A Hopeless Romantic Millennial...

From A Hopeless Romantic Millennial...

Longing to be appreciated beyond your iPhone screen? I sympathize.

54
My Bligr

Being a hopeless romantic in this generation is really a special kind of Hell. Are you a woman that longs for more than a #WCW post in a generation that values likes and shares over everything? (Don't get me wrong, an occasional #WCW post is nice, too)

A woman longing to live in the moment, not a 'my-story'? (Yes, we love to be shown off.. But we love even more so to be appreciated beyond the ever changing world of Social Media..)

A woman longing to be cared for as deeply as she cares for her significant other?

Don't worry, I sympathize.

How do you deal with it when you have so much love to give, but no man seems to appreciate it? You're constantly giving every bit of yourself and then some, all for it to be thrown back in your face?

You have to get to the point where you value yourself. That's how you deal with it. You have to get to the point where you know what you bring to your relationship, and you don't look for someone who loves that about you, you finally love it about yourself.

You love that you care so deeply about your significant other their heartbreak becomes yours. You do your best every single day to protect their heart from being broken, but sometimes no matter how hard you try, it breaks into a million pieces. Yet, no matter how bad you may be at puzzles, you will put those pieces back together time and time again.

You love that you would do anything and everything to make your significant other happy. Their laugh is your favorite song and their smile your favorite movie.

You love that you are so passionate about love and life and all it has to offer; and you long for the day you can share that passion with someone who appreciates it the way you do.

You can't be shy about it anymore.

You can't question if it's something wrong with you. It's nothing wrong with you, if the potential suitors in your life don't appreciate these things about you, they're not the right one. I know thats a cliche we get tired of hearing, but it's true.

There is a man out there with a passion for love and life ready to love you as Jesus loved the church.

There is a man who will see not only all the positives that you bring to a relationship, but qualities you didn't even know you had; because he'll bring out the best in you, not the worst.

He will never leave you questioning his feelings or his intentions. He will never leave you feeling guilty for, well, having feelings. He will never make you compare yourself to another woman. He will build you up, not tear you down.

There is a man out there longing to give himself to a woman who will appreciate him as much as he appreciates her, and God will cross your paths when it's your time.

In the meantime, I know with every heart break it becomes harder to remain positive, but don't lose faith.

And please, don't ever let a man ruin your self image.

You are beautiful and you are worthy of a love so deep the ocean would be jealous.

Until you and your future husband cross paths, remember love doesn't only lie in a significant other, but in different forms all around us.

In our family, our friends, our pets, even polite strangers on the street.

God shows us his love every day.

And more often than not, we lose sight of that love; because we're so focused on what we believe we're missing. When in reality, it's been right in front of us all along.

We are spoiled by God's infinite love, we're just waiting for the right person to share it with.