Life From An Introvert's Perspective

From An Introvert's Perspective

Your most awkward, introverted, Odyssey creator.

90
From An Introvert's Perspective
https://pixabay.com/en/window-view-sitting-indoors-girl-1081788/

Your most awkward, introverted, Odyssey creator:

Choosing the life

I wouldn't say I chose to be an introvert, I would say I grew into my place hiding in the shadows. Yes, that sounds rather creepy, but it's more like being there and going unnoticed. Drawing attention to myself was never something I wished for, and I was much more comfortable watching others, learning about how human interaction worked with such different types of people.

I do have extroverted tendencies

The people I'm close with generally wouldn't even consider me an introvert because I can be rather outgoing when I'm comfortable with the people I am around. Maybe my social energy with friends is stronger because I don't use it in other settings? Who knows. What I am certain of is I feel I can express myself with no judgment around people I trust, where I feel like I'm constantly being watched and judged in public or unfamiliar settings. I can be the funny guy when I'm comfortable, and the most awkward and distant when I'm not.

I'm realistic by nature

I think my perception of the world is far more realistic than those who see through glazed over eyes, people who are always going and doing. I like to sit and watch how people work. What they do as they see different events happen. I haven't always been the most adept person when it comes to social interaction. I may stumble over my words or say all the wrong things. With watching others, I feel I can focus on what others do and try to influence it into my interaction with others. I see it as a learning experience.

Common misconceptions, and my reality

Some people see introverts as not being fond of large crowds. Although that may be true, and it makes me want to scream at the top of my longs silently, it's not the only thing that makes me a bit less social and a bit different than others. For me at least, I have low social energy. When I am not in class, at work, or with the few people I am able to feel comfortable around, I'm hiding away in my room waiting for my next task. To run properly, I need ample time to recharge and recover from my last social experience. If I don't get this time, everything begins to feel like a dream on one monotonous loop, feeling like being around others is merely watching moving silhouettes coming at me in a vague blur.

Writing, even when it makes no sense, is a passion of mine

One thing about writing, I can express myself in words that don't come to mind when speaking. I may not be the best writer when it comes to picking whichever topic I want, but I think getting to be more in control of my words and ideas, having a backspace when something comes out unintentionally, is the best thing for me. It's a power I don't have in public. Being a creator for Odyssey is giving me a format for my expressive nature, providing me the opportunity to put into words, my thoughts for others to read. It may not always be so fluid, but I am growing as each article is published and I am exposed slightly for others to see.

This a thanks to you, Odyssey, from your most awkward, introverted, creator.