The Most Unlikely Pair That Became Unbreakable

To The Friendship I Didn't Even Know Was Possible

Who would've thought the universe would align just so two unlikely friends could come together?

88

Last year, we were introduced to each other by our professor (shout out to Dr. Feu).

Right away, I noticed you were more on the quiet and reserved side whereas I was the complete opposite.

Getting me to sit down and be quiet is a chore.

We worked together on the Posadas event for the Latinx Club, but we didn't talk much after that.

I honestly thought you weren't going to like me because we were so different.

Never have I been so happy to be wrong.

Since we were polar opposites, I was happily surprised when we ended up becoming friends.

You are my complement personality; you balance out the insanity that is my existence.

I love how I'm able to relax around you. I'm an extremely hyper-focused, overly-energetic person, so being able to relax is nearly impossible.

Your spirit puts my mind at ease almost immediately.

Having someone who has almost the same mindset as me is so unbelievably refreshing. Nobody understands my desire for true human connection the way you do.

It seems like nowadays, nobody cares about people for who they are; it's all about immediate gratification and using others for personal gain.

Meeting you reminded me there are genuine people out there who truly love human beings for who they are, flaws and all.

You're truly a rarity people get to experience once in a lifetime if they're lucky.

On the outside, we seem like polar opposites. After spending more time with you, I realized we have so much in common!

Even better, our commonalities are things you can't discover from a surface-level friendship. Becoming closer and closer each day allowed us to figure out the weird quirks we share.

I've always been a bit of a clown, and I was always making jokes that got a laugh once in a blue moon. Not only do you understand my sense of humor, but you enjoy it and reciprocate it.

One of my favorite memories of us is when we were at Walmart making puns about literally every product we saw. Then, we busted out in a fit of laughter that probably sounded like dying elephants.

I just smiled like a huge idiot after writing that. That is my all-time favorite memory with you.

Interestingly enough, the people I expected a connection with the least usually end up being the people I connect with the most.

After everything I've been through this year, you were there for every bit of it. You knew exactly what to do to make everything better, even if it was just for a second.

No matter what kind of day I've had, seeing you automatically put me in the best mood even if I was ready to explode two seconds before.

Whether you let me rant about my situation or try to take my mind off of it, you always know exactly what to do to make everything better.

In every situation where I lose something, I always gain something better shortly after.

I may have lost a lot this year, but I gained you, and that's more than I could ever ask for.

I love you so much!

P.S. Since we both want to marry Harry Styles, let's flip a One Direction CD to see who wins!