Moving On From My Ex-Best Friend

Moving On From My Ex-Best Friend

Best friend break-ups; are they worse than relationship break-ups?

932
Moving On From My Ex-Best Friend
Total Sorority Move

Best friend breakups. Are they worse than relationship breakups?

Getting past some old friendships seem to take forever. I felt like I was going through the motions instead of living life. Most situations or items become painful because those are the moments or details reminding me of them. I am getting lost in the world without them. They were my flashlight when the world went dark. Then suddenly being my friend was not enough for them. Broken and lost, I had to try to move past a friendship I thought would last a lifetime.

How can you do this with all the memories they left behind?

How are you supposed to live without them beside you?

Why do I need to forgive them when they hurt me?

I have learned some ways to move on from these painful experiences in my life. I hope they can help you, too.

The first point you have to overcome is not holding a grudge towards them. Keeping the anger against them will only hold you back. You cannot let the hurt keep you down. Yes, they meant a great deal to you, but somethings are not supposed to work out. Even though you gave them a lot in your friendship, that door closed sooner than you felt it should. Letting the sadness take you over will only prove that you still have hate for them deep down. Hard feelings should be distant from your mind, so you can be free of the loss you endured.

The second point is, forgiving that person. Will help you slowly let go of what happened and feel okay again. If you continue playing back what happened the night the friendship crumbled, then you will never forgive that old friend. Everything happens for a reason, even if that means someone we love leaving us. Forgiving will put your mind at ease.

The third point is it is time to move on from that old friend completely. Most likely, they have already moved on and it is the time you do the same. Living in the past keeps you from loving the new people and experiences your present will bring. Sometimes people go, and we just have to keep moving forward in life. Once you can walk past that person without having a sting of pain in your heart, you know you have moved on. The future is bright, but you will always have a piece of them in your heart forever. They are the reason you are stronger and can handle any kind of breakup with a brave state of mind.

Here is to the ones having trouble moving on and letting go of their once best friend. Do not under any circumstances maintain resentment, forgive them for leaving you behind and move on fully. You have to break free from the past in order to live with complete happiness. Always dream big because this is only the beginning of being okay without having that person in your life. You can make it through this hard time.