8 Outfit Ideas For Your Friendsgiving Party

The food will make you feel great, and these outfits will have you looking even better!

257

As the holiday season approaches, upcoming parties with friends and family will have you scrambling through your closet in search of cute outfits. Now that Fall is in full swing, take advantage of this stylish season before winter has you rocking sweatpants every day of the week. Even though your fave retailers are pushing Christmas and NYE merchandise, don't forget about Thanksgiving! Enjoy this holiday with loved ones and look your best in these Fall party styles.

1. Sweater Dress

Modern Designer | Pointelle Long Sleeve Knit Sweater Dress | Nordstrom Rack

Find this item at Nordstrom Rack

Opt for a sweater dress if your Thanksgiving party is a little bit dressier but will be packed with amazing food. This loose fit will hide any bloating you may experience after eating a full plate of turkey and mashed potatoes. Sweater dresses (especially this neutral one) can be styled in a number of ways, and they are a great option for unpredictable weather because you can add on layers and boots, or slip into your favorite heels and a cardigan.

2. Satin Blazer

About Us Desiray Satin Blazer in Leopard

Find this item at Revolve

To dress up a pair of jeans, wear a satin blouse. This leopard print top is on trend for the Fall and it offers a great fit and flare cut that is flattering on anyone. Take advantage of the weather by wearing this chic blouse now before it gets too cold. After November, the thought of wearing anything low cut will give you the chills! If you're not into wearing bold prints like this one, check out the Revolve website for similar tops without a print. Regardless of the color or style, satin blouses are a super classy staple that everyone should have in their wardrobe.

3. Corduroy Culottes 

Wide of the Mark Corduroy Culottes

Find this item at Nasty Gal

These pants are the perfect combination of a statement piece and a neutral. The wide-cut leg is ideal for showing off a pair of heeled booties and it goes well with a fitted sweater. If you get bored from rotating the same pairs of jeans, switch it up with these comfy and stylish pants. They are super easy to style and give an outfit that "effortless yet put together" vibe that we all strive for.

4. Velvet Miniskirt 

Plus O Ring Zip Cord Mini Skirt

Find this item at Boohoo

Skirts are a must for the holiday season, and this one is great because it works for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Offering a pop of color and a texture, this velvet zip skirt is a subtle statement piece that matched easily with any basic black or white sweater. For a classic Fall look, pair this with thigh high boots and knee socks to balance the miniskirt length.

5. Leopard Booties

Ankle Boots with Zip - Beige/leopard print

Find this item at H&M

If you couldn't already tell, leopard print is having a moment in Fall fashion. Of all the leopard print booties I have seen, these are one of the most unique pairs I have found because of their fur texture. Leopard print is more versatile than you think, as it can be worn with denim, black, white, and even certain shades of brown. At just under $40, these H&M booties are a reasonable price for a statement shoe.

6. Black Cardigan 

Knit Cardigan - Black - Ladies

Find this item at H&M

Everyone needs a basic knit cardigan, and this one has been styled so well for a party look! Cardigans can be thrown over nearly any outfit and are not just exclusive to your average jeans and sweater combo. Worn with the right colors, a cardigan can accentuate a dress or can make any look appear more polished. This simple piece is so versatile and could be that one part of the outfit that pulls everything together.

7. Blanket Sweater 

ASOS DESIGN oversized square scarf in blown up check in mink

Find this item at ASOS

When in doubt, throw a stylish blanket scarf over your outfit. Not only does this cozy accessory spice up a basic look, it can also add a pattern or print to make a dull outfit stand out. For a windy Fall day, this is a great option to warm up any style. If you are that person that is always cold (even when you are indoors with the heat blasting) then this is the look for you!

8. Wrap Dress

Hey Girl What's Satin-ing Wrap Dress

Find this item at Nasty Gal

This satin wrap dress is perfect if you are the type of person that enjoys dressing up for the holidays. With a fit and flare cut, you won't have to worry about your food baby showing after enjoying your favorite dishes.