To My Friends, Old and New

To My Friends, Old and New

Thank you for changing my life. I hope I did the same for you.

86
To My Friends, Old and New
EmotionalSMS.com

When I was in 6th grade, my brother-in-law told me that I wouldn't stay friends with people from elementary school. However, as I entered middle school, I had the same best friend. I made new friends and rekindled old friendships, but I still had the same best friend. Then, when I went to high school, our friendship died. We talked maybe two times that school year. I grew closer to another friend I have known for most of my life. We became inseparable. If I was somewhere, she was there too. If we weren't together, people asked where the other one was. As I have grown up, I have had many friends enter and leave my life. Nowadays, I barely talk to the people I was friends with in school. Out of all of the friends I made in elementary, middle, and high school, there are a handful that I still talk to. I find this sad. How can we be so close to someone at one point, but then never speak to them again? As you continue your life, you are going to have many different friends. Some will stay around, but many will leave. They can leave for many different reasons, some of which include:

1. Going to different schools.

This can be very difficult to friendships, or any type of relationship. If you change schools, it's hard to keep contact with your friends. You don't get to see them every day, and your lives become so different. While not all friendships end when you go to different schools, many will. It's hard to hold on to your old life when you're living a new one.

2. You fight.

Many friends will start to fight and bicker as they near an end. Like any relationship, fights damage friendships. Whether it's wanting to spend more time together or wanting to spend time apart, fights are hazardous. However, the fights aren't what end the friendship. Usually, if the two of you continue to fight, you just get tired of fighting. You have to decide if the friendship is worth all the bickering.

3. You make new friends.

As you grow up, you will make many new friends. You may start to enjoy spending time with one friend over the other. You may have more fun with your new friend, they may treat you better, or you may have more in common with them. However, as you get closer to your new friend, you may drift away from your old friend.

If you have ever lost a friend, you know how it feels. It can feel terrible or it can feel as if a burden has been lifted off your shoulders. To all my previous friends, I miss you. No matter what the reason is, I'm sorry we don't talk anymore. To my previous best friend, I miss you all the time. We had so much fun together, and I will always love you. I'm so glad I got to call you my best friend for eight years. To my current friends, I'm so glad I met you. You have had a wonderful influence on my life. To my current best friend, I'm so glad we had that gym class together. You are a wonderful best friend, and I wouldn't change anything about you. I love you, most ardently. To every friend I've ever had, thank you for changing my life. I hope I did the same for you. If you ever need someone to talk to, I will always be here for you. No matter what, you will always have a friend in me.