To The Best Friends I Don't See Often

To The Best Friends I Don't See Often

I know that you will always be there for me, no matter how far apart we are.
254

Maybe college can separate us on the map, but nothing will ever break our bond. Although we may not talk or see each other every day, I know that I can always count on the two of you to be there for me no matter what.

Senior year is what really brought all of us together. Sitting in study hall bored out of our minds every day really led us to have this bond that I never had with any other friends. Getting to go to the cafe together during study hall even though our teacher was against groups going was one of my favorite parts of that year because we would all get to leave our cold, quiet room in the corner for a while and get to walk around together.

I am so lucky to have both of you, and I don’t know what I would do without you. You make me feel like I’m a part of something, a group that I never had, a long-lasting friendship that I have always dreamed of.

So now, being 26 miles and 280 miles away from each of you, sometimes I get a little lonely without you by my side. But, whenever I need you or whenever you need me we’re always there to answer our phones. Seeing you on breaks is what makes home feel like home, and whenever our breaks don’t overlap and you come to visit you make Delaware feel like a piece of home is here too.

Getting notifications from both of you brightens my day every time, and I know that we don’t talk enough. When we do talk we all just pick up where we left off and we catch everyone up on what’s been happening in our lives. That’s the friendship that I’ve always needed. No one in our little group ever feels out of place or anything like I may have felt in fake high school friend groups. We’re all so similar and it feels like we’re really meant to be best friends.

From planning beach trips for this summer to talking about concerts to scheduling trips down to Delaware for weekends out, I know that with you I will always have a good time. Being able to talk to the two of you about absolutely anything is the best part about us. I know that I can trust you with absolutely anything that may be going on in my life and that’s just how the three of us always are.

So maybe I don’t get to see you two everyday like I did in high school. Maybe we don’t talk everyday. Maybe things are changing. What I know for sure is that we will all always be there for each other through everything. We’re all lucky to have each other because each of us gels so well with the other two that it just makes being together that much better as a friend group. See you May 24 loves.

XOXO,

M