Best Friends Are The Best Remedy When You're Going Through A Breakup

She'll pick up the pieces after your breakup, and god, do you need her to.

265
Maddie Rogers

Breakups suck. Plain and simple. Whether you're the one that does the heartbreaking or you get your heart broken, neither side of it is fun. What sucks even worse is having to go through all the aftermath alone. Thankfully though, if you have a best friend like mine, you don't have to.

It's so easy to fall into a state of self-doubt after a nasty or even not so nasty breakup. What could you have fixed? Was it even your fault? Should you really be this upset? What are you going to do now that you're alone again? All of these questions are so hard for one heartbroken person to answer.

When all these questions start to come up, the easiest thing you can do is pick up your phone and call your best friend. There's a special way to know whether you have a good best friend or not too. When you call them and tell them all of this stuff, your best friend is going to give you the most straight-up advice you'll ever receive, I promise.

Your best friend is the cheerleader you need. She'll tell you what a bomb ass person you are and she's always going to be there regardless of whether you grow old to be a crazy cat lady after this or not. Your best friend truly is that ride or die person who knows how fantastic you are with or without a man.

Having a great best friend who knows what kind of person you are is the perfect remedy for an awful heartbreak. She's always been there and always will be. And she'll also probably threaten to fight your ex if he ever comes around again if she's anything like the best friend I have.

My advice to you is: find that girlfriend who truly knows your worth well enough to repeat it back to you. Yeah, deep down you know you're a beautiful, strong, smart, fantastic girl who deserves better than to be heartbroken but having a friend to tell you that when you're doubting it is the biggest blessing a girl could have.

Don't push your best friend away when you're in a relationship, please. Whether the relationship ends or not, that girl is going to be there for you through thick and thin, hell and high water and she's going to be there to pick up the pieces when you need her to. And after a breakup, god, do you need her to pick up those pieces. So find your girlfriend and tell her how much you love her, because when that stupid boy hurts you, she's all you got, and you'll come to find out, she's more than enough.