You probably have that person in your life who you were once best friends with, but now you barely talk. Maybe, they're from school. Maybe, they're a friend from the neighborhood you grew up in. You probably have fond memories of this person. They were, as some people say, the jelly to your peanut butter.

This person may not be your friend anymore for multiple reasons. It is possible that they were simply a bad friend. It is possible that you lost communication, it happens. It is possible that effort was not a part of the friendship at one point. And the last one, maybe, just maybe, you were only friends because they were at the same school, across the street, a long time friend, but not anymore.

The thing about friendship is hard to hear sometimes, but you don't always stay friends with people. It is sad, but it's okay to not be friends with someone anymore. It's okay to have new friends.

It's okay to grow.

Friendships tend to end when you go off to new places, not always, but it does happen. Just because you're friends with someone on Facebook or you follow them on Instagram or Twitter does not mean you're friends. Think about it... how many people are you friends with on Facebook that you don't really know. Sure, you might've gone to school with them, but do you know them?

It's okay to no longer be friends with someone. It's okay to no longer talk to someone. People get into a relationship, and for some reason, they tend to drop their friends. It's an unknown reason, but it happens.

You don't always stay friends with people. That could be a good thing. Your friends may not have been "good" for you. You drifted away. There is nothing wrong with that. Do not confuse yourself with "not trying hard enough" and doing what's right. A friendship should not be decided on "trying hard enough" or not. A friendship should not be based on whether a person calls every day or not.

Don't get me wrong, it is good to check up on your friends. Your friendships should not be based on how much effort goes into it. Friendships don't always last. Friends don't always stay friends.

Friendships end and that is okay.

It is hard to look at pictures and remember the fun you had with those people.

It is hard to remember something you don't want to think of. It is hard to see an old friend make new friends. There is a world of people out there! We live in a world of billions of people! We get to interact with these people every day. We may never meet all 8 billion people, but we can meet some!

Don't think of a "friend breakup" as something bad.

It can be healthy. It can be good. It is okay to no longer be friends with someone. Don't beat yourself up when the communication starts to drop. Don't fret about little things. Friends come and friends go. It is okay.