Why Every Friend Should Be The Mom Friend

Because Mom Friends Rock.

58
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2211552/images/o-FRIENDS-HUGGING-facebook.jpg

The "mom" friend has gotten a bad rap. We attribute being the "mom" friend with a friend that tells you to take a jacket when it's cold, or makes sure you don't have one too many shots of tequila. But a mom friend is so much more than that.

The mom friend is the friend you go to when you fall down and scraped your knee. She's the friend you look to for comfort you when that boy didn't call you back. The friend you hide your mistakes from because you know she's the only one who will honestly tell you, "Yeah, you f*cked up." She's the friend you tell your best news to first, because she will be almost as excited as you are. The friend who obsesses over you, showering you with compliments. The mom friend is the one who is truly proud to say, "Yeah that girl is my friend."

The mom friend cares so deeply for her friends, that she can't even see straight half the time. She ponders tirelessly, "Why did she do that?" and wonder if somehow she could have stopped her friend from making a mistake. The mom friend takes responsibility for her friends, treating them as she would her own children.

That's why we should all try to be the mom friend. We should all look at our friends as if they were our children. What kind of friend would you want your kid to have? A friend that just tells them, "Hey man it's cool," or one that actually looks out for their wellbeing? My guess, is the latter.