When Your Best Friends Leaves For Basic Training

10 Things You Think When Your Best Friend Is Leaving For Basic Training

I had so many mixed emotions.

31
Macey Mullins

When your best friend is leaving for basic training, you feel a wave of emotions. You're happy for them and proud of them, but you don't know how you're going to cope when they're gone. You'll go from crying phone calls and "Guess what?!" text messages to letters every couple of days, if you're lucky. Here are a few of the things you may think or feel if your best friend is leaving for basic.

1. Who am I going to call when I have some serious sh*t to talk about? 

... or some serious sh*t to talk. Of course you have other friends, but it just so happens that the one leaving for basic training is one of the only ones you can trust.

2. You can't wait to write them their first letter.

You have plans to send them new songs that come out while they're gone, you want them to feel loved and like everyone back home is rooting for them.

3. "I won't have anyone to tell me what I need to hear." 

That's all there is to it.

4. "Anxiety" - Her mom 

..."and I feel like I need to drink."

5. I'm so proud, and I can't tell her enough. 

I don't want to over-do it,

6. We can't wait for her to come home. 

The coming home party is going to be so much better than the going away one.

7. Lonely

Her house is the place everyone gathers, and I'm sure it's a safe haven for some.

8. Excited for her and her future, and the foundation she is setting. 

"She has her career set. She won't have to go into college debt, and she will have a foundation set for her entire life at a young age. I'm proud excited for her."

- Her dad

9.  Thankful 

You begin feeling thankful for the friends that you have. You see how quickly life can change and you learn how to stop taking things for granted.

10. This is how the Private E2 feels. 

She feels each and every emotion in the book. She worried about leaving, but she's so excited about what the future has in store. She feels accomplished, proud of herself, and even a little empty.

But she's got this.

There are 100 feelings that come over you when one of your closest friends is leaving for basic training, but the biggest emotion is excitement and happiness.

You got this, Presley. We love you so much.