To My Best Friend Who is a Guy

To My Best Friend Who is a Guy

Guys and girls can be best friends

106
To My Best Friend Who is a Guy

Hey best friend who happens to be a different gender than me. I love that we can still be best friends although we are of opposite genders. Most people are confused or think that there is something going on where we may actually be more than friends but jokes on them we are just friends like all of me and my friends who are girls. This is not to just one I have more than one guy friend and the crazy thing is, is that they are all still extremely close to me and we find a way to make it work through our differences. Yes, with some there has been an issue of possibly leading to more but some how we have made it passed that and stayed friends.

A lot of people say that girls and guys cannot be friends and I think a lot of people listen to that and probably missed out on their best friend the thing is why? Why is it not questioned if a girl is hanging out with another girl are only men and women the only ones that can be attracted to each other? Now that is part of another topic for another day but still the fact that people choose not to be close friends with guys on account of they aren't supposed to be seems dumb. A lot of girls and guys are friends of course you have class together you've grown up on the same street but why can't that friend help you like your girl friends help you? Why can't we be close to guys, cry in front of them, talk about relationship issues, and family problems? I would say I have three extremely close guy friends who know sometimes more than some of my friends who are girls and yes there have been times that me and my best friend (guy) thought about being more but even after that did not work out we are still extremely close. Yes it can be hard and awkward and sometimes it won't work out that you can stay friends but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Usually they are extremely helpful, they can help you carry heavy things, they can give you advice from a male perspective (always helpful with guys you are interested in) and they are really good huggers. My guy friends are way better with guy advice than any of my girl friends, it is usually because they are actually guys and they know what it's like to have a girl try to talk to them and they know what works and what really does not!

So before you distance yourself from a guy who could be your best friend give it a shot may be the best decision you make!