To The Friend Who Left The World Decades Too Soon

You left the world too soon. I wasn't ready to never see you again. I had so many plans for us that involved us having more time together.

I remember the day that it happened. I felt so lost and confused. I was young so I didn't fully understand that I was never going to see your face or hear your voice again. I didn't understand that I was never going to walk into school with you again or give you a hug.

I didn't understand why this had happened.

The truth is, years and years later, I still don't understand. I still don't understand why you never got to grow up and become the person that you wanted to be. I don't understand why this happened to someone as sweet and genuine as you were.

But I now have come to the stage of acceptance. I accept that I will never again have you physically in my presence, but I know that that doesn't mean that you are not with me.

I know that you are always watching over me and that gives me a sense of comfort.

But that doesn't stop me from getting angry sometimes. I get angry when I think of the person that you would be today. I wonder if we would still be as close as we were. I wonder if we would have gone to the same college or if we would be constantly visiting each other.

I'm always wondering.

But I find peace in knowing that you are watching over me.

I am so lucky to have gotten the chance to know you. For if I wasn't stuck here wondering, that would be that I wouldn't have had the chance to be your friend and to have made memories with you.

And I am truly lucky for that.

To my friend who died way too young, I miss you. But thank you so much for being my guardian angel.