Freshmen Vs. Seniors

Freshmen Vs. Seniors

"The excitement that beams from the core of all freshmen who are taking their first steps on campus is hard to miss - especially for the disgruntled seniors."

53
Freshmen Vs. Seniors
CeleBuzz.com

Leaving high school to attend a university is one of the most exciting times in a student's life. You are finally leaving the nest to live on your own, making entirely your own decisions and pursuing your passion and future career all at once. The excitement that beams from the inner core of all freshmen who are taking their first steps on campus is hard to miss - especially for the disgruntled seniors. While the freshmen have a pep in their step as they start their four years, the seniors are trying to figure out if they would qualify to become a super-senior to postpone the real world just another year longer.

Going Out: Freshmen

The freshman is always one who is easy to spot in line - they are the ones staring at their ID's mumbling the address over and over again and asking their friends to quiz them on their information. Once inside with their newfound freedom and access to cheap alcohol, they are the life of the party. They can be spotted as the ones dancing on tables, asking what the ingredients are to a drink at the bar or recording the entirety of the night's events on Snapchat.

Going Out: Seniors

Most seniors quickly forget that the baby-faced, eager freshmen that irritate them are a reflection of themselves three short years ago. Whenever an upperclassmen spots the freshmen memorizing their ID to get in to the 21+ bar, they can not help but get irritated for them coming in to their sanctuary. Gone are the times when they would rave about a bouncer being lenient to let them inside, as they now argue with bouncers for not being strict enough and letting all the youngin's inside. The senior can be found crying in the corner hugging their friends, demanding songs at the DJ booth or as the girls who came out for the fourth night in a row in Nike running shorts.

Fitness Routine: Freshmen

With access to a 'free' gym membership complete with classes, pools and more, the freshmen are eager to get their workout on. They can be spotted as the ones in every yoga or hip-hop fitness class giggling with the new friends they met on their floor. As for the guys, they typically are the noodle-y guys who are downing protein shakes and lifting weights everyday to 'get swole' for the ladies. However, the place where you can find most of them getting their fitness on is in the stadium - the new and exciting place that screams school spirit as your run up and down the steps.

Fitness Routine: Seniors

As for the seniors, a lot of them still use the gym, too! That is, when they realize that they won't have an inclusive gym membership at their job with a starting salary of $30,000 and probably won't be able to afford one for a while. They are endeared by the first years' eager attitudes and confusion on how to get through the turnstile, but also wish that they would stop taking up all of the treadmills and stairmasters. Seniors also like to do 'stadiums', or more accurately put, 'run up to the top, die from not being able to breathe, take a nostalgic snapchat and go home.'

Going To Class: Freshmen

This might be one of the easiest times to catch a freshman. Aside from having a brand new computer, backpack and wearing anything other than pajamas or gym clothes they are actually in class during drop-add week. They get to class early, spent time putting themselves together in the morning and most likely have their new pens, pencils and notebooks ready to go on their desk. Their hands shoot up when they know an answer to a question and their hands are likely numb after class fom writing down every word the teacher said.

Going To Class: Seniors

When a senior finally has the realization that they are about to graduate, the senioritis starts to kick in and the amount of days they skip tends to dramatically increase. When they do end up making their way to class, they typically only have their backpack and their laptop. They can easily be spotted asking their neighbor for a piece of paper or a pencil if the teacher springs up an in class assignment or quiz.

The differences in their attitudes are distinct, but most angst from the seniors toward the freshmen stems from their jealousy of them for just starting out with the best four years of their lives ahead of them.