Freshman Year Is Finally Over

Now That Freshman Year Is Over, I Can See That Life DOES Go On And Get Better

It's a roller coaster, but it's worth it.

301
Sarah Salles

To all the graduating seniors that are graduating high school, you will soon become a freshman. As a current freshman, I understand the joy and excitement of starting college. Who wouldn't? It is a fun, new adventure. However, once I got to college, my dream was ruined (yet improved) at the same time. To start, my original roommates hated me, so I moved out and dealt with that drama while adjusting to some hard classes (Chemistry, I am pointing right at you).

The worst week of college was when my roommates and I would fight while stressing over the mountain of homework I had to do. It worked out because I live with a better roommate and I am somehow managing the workload the best I can. But let's face it, everyone is struggling in college. Luckily, I have an amazing support system. In my Chem class, I ran into people I knew from other clubs, and though we started off as strangers, we became best friends. I mean, who else can I rant about my horrible Chem professor to? In fact, in most of my classes, I've been lucky to have or make friends because you can relate to each other in so many ways.

It is so hard to strike that work/life balance since my pre-nursing track requires a lot of courses. Some courses cause you to stress and second guess your life choices. But guess what? Life goes on and life gets better. Not all of my professors have been bad. It has been the opposite as most of them have been really good and fair. I know how hard it is to dwell on the bad grade or bad class but you can't. College makes it easy to go insane, especially when some classes are meant for weeding students out. No matter how hard a class is don't give up on your dream career but it is okay to consider if this is what you truly want to do. One bad day of studying won't define you, you will think you did worse than you probably did.

Do me a favor, believe in yourself and don't let the anxiety get to you. Try to have a solid work/life balance and enjoy yourself because before you know it freshman year will be over.