Freshman Year As Told By "FR.I.E.N.D.S."

The cruel realities of the best experiences.
729

Apart from being your first year in college, freshman year is the year for many other firsts, as well. For many, it is the first time living away from home, first time with a roommate, first time having this great amount of responsibility. But, to not give much away, here are the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. gifs depicting freshman year!

1. Orientation

You could be the biggest social butterfly and you would still find orientation to be one of the most awkward experiences there are. The good thing about it is everyone is on the same boat, so (hopefully) it can’t get any worse than that.

2. 8 a.m. classes

Waking up at 6:30am everyday for high school is not enough to prepare you for college. Your sleeping schedule will always be a mess, you’ll never feel well-rested and your super power will be not falling asleep during the early morning classes. Also, coffee, lots and lots of coffee.

3. Naïve teenagers

Somehow, living without adults telling us what to do becomes the synonym of adulthood. However, it doesn’t take long before you realize that isn’t true and find yourself calling your parents asking something about the laundry or if it really is necessary to go to class because it’s raining and you don’t have an umbrella.

4. Stress becomes a lifestyle

You walk around trying to hide the fact that you’ve just had your third mental breakdown in the bathroom, waving any and all concerns away with a façade of mental stability. Everything will be alright though.

5. Due to #4, parties become stress relievers

And by alcohol, I mean Capri Sun’s, of course! Yeah, I don’t think this needs any more explaining.

6. Teachers expect too much

Let’s be honest, not even in high school did we do anything during break. I feel like professors should know by now that if they get to spend time with their loved ones without any care in the world, we’ll be doing the same.

7. Freshmen 15 fears go out the window

Probably the most common fear of all students their first year, yet there is no hesitation in ordering a pizza with your friends and eating it all in one take without a care in the world. No regrets, no nothing, just a full stomach and a whole lot of happiness.

8. Friends become family

Probably the most important part of freshman year: you meet the people that will become lifelong friends.