10 Things All Freshman Should Check Off Their First Year Of College Bucket List

Go to a frat party!
717

Freshman year at college is destined to be one of the most eventful and weird years of your life. You're automatically introduced to so many new people, places, and things. It's a time for change and adjustment, and learning a little too much about the college culture- what you like, and what you don't.

While freshman year is a time for firsts, here are 10 things you should cross off your freshman year bucket list before heading home in May.

1. Keep your dorm room door open

This is one of the number one tips you get before going to college. Leaving your door open during the beginning of the year (or any other time) is an easy way to meet and make new friends with people on your floor and in your hall. Who knows, maybe you'll end up making fun plans for the night or have a fun interesting story.

2. Go out on a weeknight

Nothing is more fun than going out to any local establishments or a party on a Thursday, or any other time during the weekdays. I don't know what it is, but it's definitely the best time to go out during the week. As long as you'll make it to your classes the next day, give it a shot. You won't regret it.

3. Go to a sporting event

Most universities have a lot of school pride, which goes right along to sporting events. Learn all the traditions that belong with your team and don't forget to cheer loudly. Whether your team wins or loses, some of your best days will be in the student section.

4. Spend an all-nighter in the library

We've all heard of the amounts of work you have to put into your studies at college. Odds are, during finals or midterms, you might find yourself trading in your dorm bed for the stacks after a long night of studying. Thank god for 24/7 hour libraries.

5. Explore your college town

This is your new home which means plenty of new things to do. Go for a drive and get familiar with your new surroundings. Then you'll never be short of plans.

6. Join a club

Joining a club is a good resume booster and a good way to get involved with your school and meet new friends. You'll be able to explore your interests while being surrounded by those who have the same hobbies as you.

7. Girl's night in

While going out is all fun and games, staying in may be one of your greatest memories yet. This allows you to be able to learn more about your friends that you may have never been able to, while doing something fun as well. Let's be honest, we're all a little sleep deprived, and this is a good excuse to catch up on it.

8. Go to a frat party

This is your time to shine! Go to your favorite house, Kappa Apple Apple and see what all the hype is about. Maybe your first frat party adventure will be just like the movies, or maybe you'll just be let down. You'll never know unless you try it!

9. Attempt to avoid the freshman 15

Whether it's trading in a burger for a salad at the dining hall or an occasional visit to the rec, there's nothing scarier than the freshman 15. Do these little things and make yourself feel like you're successfully avoiding it.

10. Don't say no

The fun of college is always having something to do and plenty of people to do it with. Get out of your comfort zone and take every opportunity you get, you might miss out on something that you will regret.