A Goodbye Letter To My Freshman Year Roommates

This is not a goodbye; it's a see you later.

2
WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Dear lovely roommates,

Today, I watched each of us carry our belongings and go our separate ways. I watched as we removed the sheets from our beds and rearranged our furniture. We said our goodbyes and that was that.

It is crazy to think that we are finished with our freshman year. I remember our very first day like it was yesterday. We were all a little nervous until our parents left and then it was like we were already friends. I don't think there was any awkwardness at all. We hit it off immediately.

Throughout the semester, we have had our arguments and disagreements like everyone else, but we always put our differences aside. We found a way to talk out our problems and overcome them. Even though we had some differences, we also had a lot of fun. There were few unplanned nerf wars and a lot of unplanned late night talks.

I absolute love how you guys encouraged me before big exams. I could always count on a "Good Luck" or "You got this" as I was walking out the door. When I did not do as well as I thought I would do, I could always count on a shoulder to cry on. Speaking of crying, I am so thankful that you guys were always there to wipe my tears when I broke down.

I love you guys so very much. No matter where we go in life I know that we will always keep in touch because you can NEVER replace your freshman year roommates.

Love always,

Judy