Franco & McLovin Bro it up at U of I for the Day

50

Dave Franco, Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin) and Phi Psi Seniors…what more could girls ask for?  On April 21, 2014, Dave Franco and McLovin decided to graciously provide their presence to the thousands of sorority girls anxiously waiting for their next smile.

I couldn’t describe what my Facebook newsfeed, Twitter, Instagram and most importantly Snapchat displayed.  For Dave Franco, it was an absolute cakewalk with flocks of girls to admire his every move.  Moving forward, my two good friends Nick Schwerin and Kris Lopardo won a contest that Universal Pictures UIUC provided. Universal opened a contest for two brothers to construct a creation out of red solo cups and take a picture of it with their fraternity letters on. The picture with the most likes on Facebook would win a chance to meet and ice out with the actors at Kams and would get 50 tickets to the movie screening for their frat.  Kris and Nick sat down with me to answer a couple questions about their time hanging out with the two celebrities.

SZ: So I have to ask, how did you come up with the idea of the solo cups meshing into a person and wearing Sperry's at the same time?

KL: We came up with the idea of building a person because we decided we wanted a new roommate for our senior house.

SZ: What was it like hanging out with the actors? Did they comment on all the girls screaming their name?

NS: We immediately went up to Franco to shake hands, forgetting about McLovin' and Jared Carmichael accidentally. They were down to earth guys and we discussed how they were excited to have raged at KAMS. In reference to the girls, they seemed to be soaking it all up.  They posed for the cameras several times during their time there.

SZ: The movie is centrally focused on being in a fraternity and partying. Did you guys talk with the actors about their time shooting the movie and all the crazy things they saw that we see on a daily basis?

NS: Since the movie was about Greek life we figured to see if Dave was in a fraternity to see if his role matched his younger adult life.  We noticed online that Franco was a Phi Psi from USC so naturally upon meeting him we slipped him the grip.  Afterwards he said that he had no affiliation with the fraternity and said it was a rumor even though he knew the grip. The group stated that it was awesome to be cast in a movie about partying and Greek life.

SZ: Did you get your chance to introduce the Hollywood actors how to properly ice-out?
NS: We attempted to ice out with them again, however they declined stating they drank too much. I think Franco felt bad that McLovin couldn’t hand so naturally he backed up his bro.  They were going to the movie premiere afterward and then hitting the road for another event.