5 Reasons FP Jones Is Riverdale's BEST Character

There's more to him than just a pretty face.

1398
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/photo-gallery/45995940/image/46000006/Virgo-Aug-23-Sept-22-FP-Jones
The CW

I think we can all agree that FP Jones was a little rough around the edges in the beginning of Riverdale -- drunk, unemployed, and really just not seeming to care -- but there's no denying how he's progressed throughout the seasons. I can easily say that FP is not only my favorite character, but he's all around the best character. Here's why:

*disclaimer -- spoilers ahead*

He's Done Bad Things, But Only Out Of Protection

Yes, yes, I know what you're all thinking: "But FP has done some really bad things!!" Well, for one: who hasn't done bad things in this show? Tell me. For two: everything bad he's done, he did it to protect someone else, which is at least a little bit admirable. For example, FP took the blame of killing Jason Blossom to protect his son Jughead even though it landed him in jail. Also, when he shot Hiram Lodge, he was only doing it out of revenge for Hiram's plot almost killing Jughead. While that's not a great reason, I can at least see where he was coming from. In any case, he's just trying his best, even if he makes some mistakes sometimes.

Kept The Peace As Leader Of The Serpents

When FP was the leader of the Southside Serpents, he kept the peace between the North and South sides so that there wouldn't be bloodshed. Despite all the issues with drugs and gang violence, he was always a peacemaker. Even after he retires from the Serpents at the end of the second season, he continues to help the Serpents by giving Jughead advice on how to keep the peace as much as possible so he can also be a great leader.

Best Sheriff The Town Has Had For A While

Of course, Sheriff Keller was a really good sheriff for the town, but FP speaks for both the Northside and the Southside equally, which made him an awesome asset to the Riverdale police department. Yes, he had Hermione whispering in his ear some of the time, but he did his best to stay impartial and speak for the people.

At The End Of The Day, He Would Do Anything For His Family

FP proves time and time again that he would do whatever it takes to keep Jughead safe, but what about the rest of his family? In Season Three we really get to see how much FP cares about his family (even if him and his wife are separated). When Jughead's mom comes back into FP and Jughead's life in Season Three, FP falls for her all over again. She even tells Jughead that it would break his heart to know what kind of person she truly is. She knows he has a big heart, and at the end of the day she's not afraid to use that to her advantage. Further, he gets shot trying to rescue Jellybean in a robbery attempt of Pops, despite being Sheriff of the town. No matter what the situation, FP is definitely one to do just about anything for his family, which is more than can be said for some of the other people in this show.

Finally, Just Look At Him

Alright, I admit that this one is a bit more superficial than the rest, but FP easily takes the cake of best Riverdale character when you combine his huge heart with his more-than-fine looks. I mean, in that Sheriff's uniform? Yes sir!

I could go on and on about why FP Jones is so great, but these specific five reasons (I think) are plenty to prove why FP is the best Riverdale character. He's grown so much throughout the three seasons Riverdale has had so far, and I can't wait to see what he's like in the new season.