My Wardrobe Must-Haves For You On The Fourth

As fast as summer has already gone by, the Fourth of July is literally right around the corner. So, if you haven't hit the stores, you may want to jump on it. Everyone should dress to impress for America's birthday. It's the one time of the year red, white and blue is fitting to wear. This holiday is the chance to show your true pride and patriotism for America the beautiful.

Independence Day is full of festivities from barbeques to pool parties to firework shows. Depending on your plans for this year's holiday your outfit should fit the setting. No one wants to look like an odd duck; if anything, you want to be the showstopper when arriving. Here are some classic, staple items for your patriotic outfit this Fourth of July.

A dress.

No one can go wrong with a simple red, white or blue dress. A red slip dress is easy for the summer temps and comfortable for the long day ahead when celebrating America's birthday. Even a classic, little white dress is a go-to for the day. If you're leaning towards wearing blue, you could go with a sophisticated, navy wrap dress or a bright, royal blue midi dress.

A skirt.

The styles of skirts you can choose from are countless. You can pair a red bodysuit from your closet with a denim skirt of your choice. A blue, satin midi skirt would be stylish yet effortless when worn with a graphic tee that spells out the USA. If you're not a girly girl and would like to be for one day, you could wear the trend of a skort. What's in right now is sets, so find the perfect one that portrays your pride for America.

A swimsuit.

Choose your style of swimsuit, whether it's a one-piece or bikini for your day on the lake or laying by the pool at your Country Club this fourth. Going with a one-piece swimsuit would be retro and distinct from the rest. The next day you might have bad tan lines, but it would fit the mood of 'Since 1776'. If you're in the mood to show off all your hard work on your summer body, then strut that bikini. There are plenty to choose from, one shoulder tops, bandeaus, triangle tops and much more. On top of that, the patterns you could pick are overwhelming with stripes, polka dots, lace and stars. You can invest in a more expensive swimsuit by shopping on Pacsun or Aerie but if you would like to save money on a one-time wearing swimsuit shop on Zaful, Cupshe or SHEIN.

Stripes, stars and polka dots. Wait can't forget gingham.

For some odd reason stripes, stars, polka dots and gingham look 10 times better this time of the year. It might be because these patterns are perfect to pair with white jeans and white jeans are only best to wear two months out of the year. You can find all of these patterns in various types of tops that you look the best in like bodysuits, crop tops, off the shoulder, halter, blouses, corsets and more. Not only tops but dresses, sets of two and bottoms come in these patterns. So, no worries you'll find the right one.

Denim on denim.

Denim on denim is a fashion no-no in some eyes but honestly if you can pull it off, wear it. I mean you have the freedom to do so, so why not ditch the rules. Grab a pair of born in the USA jeans and drape your jean jacket right over top. A collared denim dress is chic and cute for the Fourth of July as well. A denim peplum, tank top with your daisy dukes would scream the USA.

Endless accessories.

You can sparse up any of your outfits with accessories, just remember to not go overboard. BaubleBar has exciting earrings to match your outfit whether it is pom poms, hoops, pearls, fringe or ear crawlers. Barrettes have come back in style, so pull back your hair with a pearl or tortoise clip. Another idea is finding a red, white or blue mascot scarf to tie around your neck, ponytail or purse to add to your patriotic look. A pair of timeless, white platform sneakers can turn your outfit into a sporty look for the holiday. If you would like to dress up your outfit, look out for a pair of strappy espadrilles.

Shop online or in-store at H&M, Tobi, Target, J.Crew, Forever 21, hellomolly and other places for inspiration on your 'Merica outfit. Your outfits for Independence Day will be Instagram worthy, so get the caption ideas prepared.