How to Celebrate the Fourth of July Alone

5 Ways to Celebrate Fourth of July Alone

You don't always have to go out every year

1936
Pexels.com

Knowing 4th of July was approaching, I began to stress about having to make plans and buy and outfit for 4th of July celebrations. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I really didn't want to go anywhere for 4th of July. First of all, this is my first day off in a while, and I kind of just wanted to enjoy it at home with some pizza and Netflix. As well, I also have about two or three exams this week and I knew if I went out I wouldn't be properly prepared. Therefore, I made the decision to celebrate 4th of July at home alone this year, and I don't regret it at all!

Take a Nap

media1.giphy.com

One thing you realize when you become an adult is that summer vacation doesn't really exist anymore. You've been working so hard these last few months, and who knows when you will get another day off. Enjoy the 4th of July by sleeping in, and maybe taking one or two naps throughout the day. Your body will thank you for it, trust me!

Have a one person BBQ

media1.giphy.com

Just because you don't feel like going out this 4th of July doesn't mean you can't celebrate like you normally would. Buy some hamburgers and hot dogs, pour yourself a drink, and enjoy your one person BBQ by the pool. If anyone deserves it, it's you.

Watch Netflix till your Heart is content

media0.giphy.com

Who knows when you will get another day to binge watch that new Netflix show? Why spend the day drinking in heat, knowing you are going to regret it tomorrow, when you can have a nice responsible day alone, under the covers with your favorite Netflix shows. You know for sure you won't regret when you have to wake up at 7am to get to work tomorrow.

Read a book

media3.giphy.com

Again, when will you every have time to read all these books you keep buying! Fourth of July is your only chance, and you better take it. Throw on your bathing suit, grab a drink and your favorite book, and head to the pool. A nice quite day working on your tan and your new favorite book is just what you need to rejuvenate before work tomorrow.

Enjoy Fireworks from your porch

media0.giphy.com

Finally, you've enjoyed a fulfilling Fourth of July, and you didn't even have to go anywhere. You slept in, took some naps, binged watched some Netflix, and maybe even read a book or two. Now it is time for what we all been waiting for. The final act of Fourth of July, the firework show. If you decide to stay home and watch it from you porch, or go to Disney and enjoy a firework extravaganza, at least make sure that you are enjoying yourself and doing what you really want to do, not what you feel obligated to just because it's the Fourth of July