Four Years, A Farewell

Four Years, A Farewell

Where did the time go?

16

I blinked, and these past four years have gone by faster than I ever imagined they could.

Going to college, going to Washington State University, was hands down the best decision I have ever made.

The girl that drove into Pullman in the fall of 2013 is gone. That girl was confused, naive, and immature. The woman I am now is strong-willed, ambitious, and a dreamer. This school changed not only myself but my life.

Washington State University is a very special place. It is unique. From the moment you drive into Pullman, you can feel it. It is a place where everything is better.

The thought of leaving this amazing place in a week just doesn't feel real. That will be one of the toughest things I will ever do, leaving my home and my family.

In one week, we will all go our separate ways and start our lives. Before I go, I have a few things to say.

To the boy who I was never enough,

Thank you for showing me what I want, and what I do not want. Everyone has one person in college that they wanted and never got, that was you for me.

When I look back on my college days, you will always be something I remember. Not every story has a happy ending, and that is okay.

Thank you for the memories, good and bad. They have helped shape the person I am today.

To the professor that was my mentor,

It is rare to personally get to know a professor in college. Sometimes, you will never have a real conversation with one of your professors.

Having a professor in your corner is one of the most comforting feelings. Knowing that there is someone who you can always go to that will do anything they can to help is incredible.

Thank you for being that person for me.

To my friends that turned into family,

In four years, strangers turned into friends. Those friends quickly turned into family. College taught me that the importance of a friend is not determined by how long they have been in your life, but by the impact they have had on your life.

I could never have gotten through college without you.

The memories we have made will always be something I look back on to bring me joy.

To my sisters,

Thank you for proving to me that sororities are not what everyone thinks they are.

Joining a sorority was not something I did light-heartedly. It was important to me to choose the right one. One that I knew would love me just as much in a gray suit as they would in a full face of makeup.

That was you guys. Thank you for always being a support group I could rely on.

To the school that changed my life,

Washington State University will forever hold a large and special place in my heart.

This school, these people, have helped transform me into someone I am proud of. It brought out a passion in me that I never knew existed.

Dr. Elson S. Floyd said it best, "there is something special about WSU and even more special about being a Coug. It's about family taking care of family."

I may be moving out of Pullman and leaving Washington State University soon, but it will always be with me.

That is what happens when you are a Coug.