It’s The Survival Of The Fittest, And These 4 Types Of Students Will Be Competing

You see them everyday in class, and you may or may not know what the future has in store for them.

3

Many public institutions may boast about their diverse student body, but every high schooler knows that this isn't the truth - there are only four types of students but they exist throughout the classroom under masks of unanimous boredom. By the end of the year, only the teacher will have succeeded in recognizing who truly cares about her class and who only cares about getting the highest score on flappy bird.

Among the sea of apathetic pupils, a Star shines brightly. And this Star is destined for great things: an early admission into Harvard, a PHD in psychology, and a high starting salary for his or her first job. It's quite easy to find this Star - just follow the trail of intellectual curiosity. You will not have to hunt them down for their homework or admonish their bad behavior - they know what they want out of life and they are not afraid to take action.

Some other students like taking action as well, if that action was an obsessive amount of shopping. You won't need a fashion catalogue if a Fashionista is in the room. In their minds, wearing last season's scarves is a whole lot worse than getting a failing grade. They often come into class dressed like a model and probably didn't even know there was homework due.

Also not knowing what was due? The Extreme Procrastinator of the class. The one who does the twenty seven page essay two hours before it's due. The one who likes living life on the edge. They like to have their days riddled with anxiety and often surprise the class when they get good grades. But you'll see them having mental breakdowns in college.

Some students cannot wait for college to begin - in fact, they have given up on high school and have chosen to sleep through all their classes. The Sleeper either already knows the material or learns it at home - either way, they have a good slumber in class to the monotone droning of a history lecture.

Though each kind of student experiences different forms of academic success, each will graduate and enter the world of increased academic rigor ahead of them. And only the strongest will survive.