4 Things I Did To Stop Being A Hoarder

4 Things I Did To Stop Being A Hoarder

Take Spring Cleaning To A Whole New Level!

72
4 Things I Did To Stop Being A Hoarder
https://www.google.com/search?q=clutter&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCocaqtr3TAhXLSyYKHf2VBn4Q_AUIBygC&biw=1045&bih=692#tbs=simg:m00&tbnid=4rJ_zxw-RSDFYM:&docid=els94atmI37OoM&tbm=isch&imgrc=QBJyjTK3q0iqYM:

This article might sound a bit off topic as there are I am sure more serious things going on in this world than just the size of our closets. However, for all of you that are struggling with all of your “stuff” here are four things I recommend doing to get rid of your clutter!

Clean your closet our regularly.

This is a must. Ladies, if you didn’t wear it this season, odds are you probably won’t wear it next season either. Sell to a confinement shop and put some money in your pocket or give your things away to people that would put them to better use. Giving never goes out of style!

Be ruthless with your things.

What I mean by this is, we are truly so attached to our stuff. In the end…they are just items! I am not saying to sell your great-grand mother’s ring or throw away all of your pictures, but the old high school tennis shoes in the back of your closet probably do not hold a ton of sentimental value.

If you do not love it in the store, do not buy it!

This was something that was the hardest for me to grasp. I would see something in the store and love it but it would sit in my closet for months collecting dust. If you don’t want to walk out of the store wearing it, put it back! Plato’s Closet. Plato’s closet is a store that will buy your clothes from you. Even if the brands they are interested in are different from what you think may be in your closet, try it anyway! I highly recommend cleaning out your closet (or volunteer to do a friend’s closet) and take it down to Plato’s regardless. Not only does this allow you to clean out your things regularly, it also allows you to put some money in your pocket for your own things. You are not just limited to clothes either. They will buy shoes, belts, and other accessories from you as well. Get in that closet and be merciless, ladies!

I am touching on the subject of hoarding because I think that we are a society that does nothing but accumulate “stuff." We mix the terms “needs” and claim them to be “wants”. You do not need twenty sweaters in your closet when you only wear five. If you didn’t wear it this season, you won’t wear it next season. Face your stuff and don’t put off that Saturday afternoon when you told yourself “I am going to get rid of all of this stuff.” Instead of putting it off until later, chug that cup of coffee, take even just one hour and get rid of it all!

“Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination.”

Take spring cleaning to a whole new level. Purge everything that doesn’t absolutely make your heart swell when you see it. Break up with your “stuff”. Give more than you receive. Lastly, remember that at the end of the day, it is just stuff!