4 Questions To Ask Yourself When Making Decisions

Here are four questions to think about when you are making a decision.

263
Life Compass Blog

We all make decisions every day, but do we know how decisions really make an impact on people around us and in our future? Here are four things you should ask about when you make a decision, big or small!

1. How is this decision going to impact you?

It might be a small decision that you have to make that will affect you later in the day or the next day or week. It might be as simple as whether or not you should go out to eat with friends or stay up later in the night to study. It could be something about where you should go to college, apply for jobs, or your major for college. Whether it is a minor or major decision, make sure you ask yourself, "How is this going to effect me in the future." Some minor decisions can make a huge impact later in life!

2. What outcome can it have after?

When you are making a decision, think about what the outcome is going to be after you make the decision. Will it be good or bad? Will this decision be something you regret making in the future or will it be something you are thankful for making when you look back? Whatever it may be, just remember that all decisions have outcomes to them, whether good or bad.

3. Why should this decision be necessary?

Most of the time, we think that decisions are just a part of everyday life, and they are, but some people overlook how important making decisions are. Most of the time, we make decisions that is unnecessary to either make for ourselves or for other people. Sometimes, we make decisions for ourselves when there is no need to make a decision! Crazy to think, isn't it? So, the point of this question is to make you think why you are making this decision and is it necessary to make this certain decision.

4. When is it a good time to make this decision?

Should you make this decision the day of or should you think about it for a couple of minutes, hours, months, or possibly years? Should you take some time to think about it before you go ahead and make decide on what your first reaction is? For instance, if you are wanting to go on a trip with your family. Before making a final decision, you have to figure out where you want to go and you have to find out if you have enough money to go on a trip. Instead of making a decision when you first think about it or when something pops up, just pray, sleep on it, and think it through to make sure if the decision is what you want or need to do.

I hope these four questions helps you out if you are trying to make an important decision or even if it is a minor decision! Every decision is important and we should think them out the best we can at every moment!