Four Life Lessons You Learn from Four Disney Movies

Learning about life at a young age

8
slashfilm.com

We have been watching Disney movies ever since we were potty training, and I think it is safe to say that our greatest memories came from the marvelous creations of Walt Disney himself! When we watched Disney movies, we paid more attention the to Fairy Godmother and Flynn Rider than what was actually behind those films. What I am trying to say is, Disney movies come with life lessons that every kid should know! Walt Disney Studios does this so children can understand life better before they reach adulthood. Some Disney films don't come with lessons, but a lot of them do, and four of those movies are:

1. Cinderella

Cinderella is about a beautiful young girl who dreams of leaving her evil Stepmom and Stepsisters for a life of love and happiness. In the film, the abuse Cinderella takes from her stepmother and stepsisters is almost too much to bare, so she uses the power of dreaming and kindness to escape her cruel family and find love and happiness within her Prince Charming. The lesson in the 1950 film is that dreaming takes you to more places than you'll know, and dreams motivate you to find what your heart desires. After all, "a dream is a wish your heart makes."

2. Mulan

Mulan is probably the most recognized film out of all the Disney movies ever created. It is about a young Chinese woman who disguises herself as a man to take her father's place in the Imperial Army and find out who she truly is meant to be. The lesson in this film is to "be true to your heart," and be proud of who you are.

3. Beauty and the Beast

This is one of my favorites! Beauty and the Beast is a film about a girl named Belle, who dreams of leaving her provincial life for a life of adventure and independence. That all changes when her father is kidnapped by a hideous beast who lives a castle far from their village. Belle finds her very ill father in the castle and makes a deal with the Beast that if he lets her father go, she will take his place and live in the castle forever. Soon after, Belle enters a life full of enchantment and learns to find the beauty in others, especially in a beast. The lesson in this film is clear: look past one's imperfections and search for the beauty and kindness that is held within their soul.

4. Frozen

If you haven't seen this Disney movie, then you must live in a cave! I mean how could you not jam out to their famous songs? Because "for the first time in forever," Disney creates a film with a lesson that every little kid should know, and that is to never be afraid to be who you are, and "let it go!" The film entails two sisters named Elsa and Anna who live in the mythical land of Arendale. In the beginning, we see two sisters who adore one another. We also find out that young Elsa has cool ice powers! Unfortunately, their fun ends when Elsa almost loses her sister due to her powers, so she has to isolate herself from Anna and the citizens of Arendale while her powers solidify, so no one gets hurt. A year later, when Elsa turns 21, she becomes Queen of Arendale and is forced to come out of hiding, which means she has to come face-to-face with her people and, more importantly, her sister. When Anna drops a bombshell on Elsa that she is engaged to a complete stranger, Elsa accidentally reveals her powers and lands herself and her sister in an adventure of self-acceptance, friendship, and love. In the end, Elsa finally accepts herself for who she is, and is no longer afraid to use her powers and is reunited with her sister.