Four Covid-Safe Date Ideas To Try This Winter

How can you go out in a safe and fun way during the covid pandemic this winter? Try these ideas with a Tinder date, an old flame, your current partner, or even your friends!

44

As the Coronavirus pandemic nears one year, many people are finding themselves lonely and looking for new connections on social media and dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge. Others are hoping to rekindle their romances or further their existing friendships that have been resigned to over-the-phone communication since the beginning of March.

If you find yourself hoping to reconnect with people in your life or want to meet new people in a safe way, here are some covid-friendly date ideas to try out. And remember, Valentine's Day is just 14 days away!

1. Coffee In The Park - This first one is a classic date option for good reason. The coffee gives you something to hold and something to sip if the conversation lulls, but getting your coffee to go ensures that you and your date get to stay outdoors, reducing the risk of contracting covid.

2. Visit The Botanical Garden - Even in the middle of a frosty winter, the botanical garden is a beautiful place to visit. The grounds are vast, allowing for proper distancing protocols to be followed, and most of the garden is situated outdoors. Bundle up really warm and bring your camera so you and your date can snap photos of the trees and local birds and animals. Or make a little bingo board with ideas of what you are going to see at the garden and enjoy a little friendly competition as you race to finish your respective boards first.

3. Go Ice Skating - What's the one outdoor activity that is both romantic and fun to do with friends that winter is known for? Ice skating, of course! A quick Google search will tell you where the nearest outdoor ice rink is located. Grab an extra pair of socks and some hand sanitizer, and make sure to check if a reservation is needed in case the rink reaches its maximum capacity relatively quickly.

4. Have An Artistic Day - You don't even need to be good at art for this one, trust me. Pack some small canvases (easels optional but convenient), paints, pallets, and brushes - or even just a couple of sketchbooks and pencils - and go to a scenic area near you. Get creative with the view. You can opt for a scene of nature, people-watching, or even urban life to inspire beautiful art and sparkling conversation for you and your date!

As an extra precaution, remember to ask the people with whom you are going to meet what covid safety measures they take and whether they have recently been around people who have tested positive for covid. It is also a good idea to get tested regularly if you go out, even if you are being careful.

Stay safe on your dates, and happy swiping!