3 Things I Look Forward To Every Holiday Season

We get to celebrate with loved ones and take a much needed break (for those that are in school or finishing school, just as myself — wink, wink).

15
c2.staticflickr.com

It really is the most wonderful time of the year, for most of the world anyway. We get to celebrate with loved ones and take a much-needed break (for those that are in school or finishing school, just as myself — wink, wink). And although seasonal/ holiday depression is very real and something that a lot of the world deals with there is something rather special about the holiday season.

Here are a few of my favorite things:

Christmas in New York

I recently celebrated my third year anniversary of living in New York so I am in celebratory mode still. I remember always being envious (in a non-threatening/ appreciative way) of people who got to spend Christmas in New York

Christmas Music

Here’s a little-known fact about me: I LOVE Christmas music. I am that girl that will start playing Christmas music the month of November all throughout the month of February. And if I’m feeling nostalgic I’ll blast it on a random day in June. There are so many covers out there of Christmas music but the one album that has been on repeat for me since it came out (Five years ago!!!) is "Christmas" by Michael Buble <3 I can’t choose a favorite, I just love ALL the songs. A close second that I’ve been listening to lately is "Mary, Did You Know?" Pentatonix cover. ❤️ So many beautiful voices, I can’t handle it!!!

Vlogmas on YouTube:

There is nothing that I look forward to more than seeing a lot of YouTubers document their life for 25 days before Christmas every year. It’s become a tradition in the community for this to take place... Every. Single. Year. And its viewers can’t get enough. Of course, it must be tiring for them to have to film, edit and upload every single day for 25 consecutive days but it’s such a nice reminder for them to look back to.

I always thought it was so magical and the movies made it look all romantic with the Christmas tree lit up, the snow, the lights and decoration. I lived here when I was younger but moving to another state that doesn’t offer a white Christmas really makes you appreciate when you move to the city of your dreams. I should’ve bought a 2013 Christmas ornament but I didn’t even think about it.

These are what I love about the Christmas holidays. Sometimes life problems and past sad memories get in the way, but I always try to remember how much I love the Christmas season.