Fortnite: The Mangokid Review

Fortnite: The Mangokid Review

Thoughts from a professional unprofessional.

62
Fortnite: The Mangokid Review
Wikimedia

With all of the current survival arena games in the market, it starts to get difficult to really know what games are actually worthwhile. One of the popular games right now, fortnite, has received stellar reviews across the board from a wide variety of qualified sources so the obvious next step would be the rating of my completely unqualified but very meme educated friend, for the sake of anonymity will be referred to as Mangokid. Very official, I know.

Here’s the shortlist of things she’s got to say about it.

1. Building shit is hard as f*ck

“As someone who hasn’t played basically any video games in the last two years, this was a mistake. The controls are hard to get used to and feel like trying to cook without knowing how to hold a knife, but maybe that's just me. Once you get 'em down, it’s alright tho.”

2. Streamers make this shit look easy. It’s not

“I’ve watched more Lets Plays than I’d like to say I have and, even though they’re 90% memes they’re let’s plays of guys making the game look simple WHEN IT'S NOT. You’ve got people making Pyramids for the hell of it and even playing without weapons and somehow getting first FREAKING place (Muselk we’re looking at you. Props.). This game is fun if you know how to play but ITS HARD."

3. Getting in top 20 is cake if you’re not dumb

“You could literally have no weapons and just hide for like 10 minutes and suddenly end up in the top 20. Like it’s impressive how easy it is to do literally nothing and place basically in the top 20 every time. Just land somewhere without other people and don’t be dumb. There ya go. You won’t win, but you’ll feel like ya did.”

4. Strategy means nothing if you suck

“Strategy. It’s literally everything but also it's completely pointless. You can hide or be hyper-aggressive but at the end of the day if you’re not good, it doesn’t matter. Pick a solid tactic and stick to it. Forget that’s on the fly garbage, be consistent and don’t die.”

5. Don’t overestimate yourself, you’re worse than you think you are

“No matter how good you think you are - stop. Unless if you consistently place in the top 10, then keep yourself in check boi. Always assume you suck and that everyone around you is a god. It’s that simple. If you always overestimate, you’ll probably maybe not die. Play smart, not cocky. Don’t be dumb.”