I Only Have One Thing To Say To My Former Bullies

​​Because of you guys, I now know what it's like to have life long friendships.

38
Homeschooling Almanac

I was bullied for three years, from 6th to 8th grade. I'm no longer angry with the people who did it, we were kids and it happened a long time ago.

But, there is still one thing I want to say to them, and that is thank you.

All of you were the first ones to help me realize that not every person in the world is going to treat you with kindness, people will be quick to judge and ridicule before they even know someone. Most importantly, you all helped me establish the relationships I have today.

I wasn't alone when I was being bullied. I had two best friends that went through all of it with me.

We were pretty much out casts by our entire class. We were teased for playing games and everyone just seemed to think we were unworthy of being there. There were some who would talk to us and didn't act mean, but they didn't know what it was like to be shunned by everyone.

If I had not been bullied, I may have still been friends with the two girls who experienced it with me, but I'm not sure our friendships would have been as strong. Because of what we went through, for three years, every day at school, we became close.

I can stop talking to them for months and if we meet up we talk to each other like we just spoke yesterday. There's nothing I can't talk about with those two girls. We stayed close friends through out high school and we're still close to this day.

Regardless of the friends, I seemed to have gained, being bullied absolutely sucked.

I remember walking in every day wondering and waiting when the teasing would start. To this day I'm more angry with myself because I never did anything about it, but sometimes when you are put in a situation like said, it's not always easy to say something.

Bullying isn't something that should ever be tolerated.

I'm lucky that the bullying I experienced was pretty minor compared to what others go through. I'm also lucky that I didn't go through it alone. So to all of my former bullies, thank you for helping me find sisters.

Because of you guys, I now know what it's like to have life long friendships.