10 NBA Stars You Forgot Existed That Are Still Very Much Alive But May No Longer Be Dribbling

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone."

28

The names of these 10 forgotten NBA athletes are guaranteed to trigger that large gasp you take before you utter the words, "Oh, man! I remember that guy!

1. Mickael Pietrus

Mickael "Air France" Pietrus was a dynamic European athlete from France that played point guard, shooting guard, and small forward. Pietrus was a decent shooter with great athletic ability and ball-handling skills for his size. He's most known for his time under the Golden State Warriors and Orlando Magic organizations.

2. Jamario Moon

Former Harlem Globetrotter, Jamario Moon, took the NBA by storm entering his 2007-2008 rookie season. As a rookie, Moon averaged 8.5 points per game, 1.4 blocks, 1.0 steals, alongside making the 2007-08 NBA All-Rookie second team.

3. Shannon Brown

Two-time NBA Champion, Shannon Brown, was known for his fast-paced, high-flying skillset. Under the Lakers' organization, Brown won two NBA Championships alongside the superstar talent of Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

4. Anthony Parker

Anthony Parker was known for being a consistent shooter and impactful role-player alongside talents like Chris Bosh and LeBron James. Parker ranks 30th of all-time in NBA 3-point field goal percentage and 15th of all-time in NBA true shooting percentage.

5. DeShawn Stevenson

Mostly known for his beef with LeBron James, DeShawn "The Locksmith" Stevenson was known for his athletic ability and ruthlessness on defense. Stevenson won an NBA Championship with the Dallas Mavericks in the 2010-2011 NBA season.

6. Kelenna Azubuike

Kelenna Azubuike was a promising athlete from the United Kingdom who unfortunately suffered a serious knee injury following a career-high season. Unfortunately, that knee injury would cut his NBA career extremely short, leading him to pursue his passions of music and broadcasting.

7. Rudy Fernández

Spanish shooting guard, Rudy Fernández, entered the league in the 2008-2009 NBA season. Fernández made the 2008-2009 NBA All-Rookie team averaging 10.4 points on 42.5% field goal percentage. After four years in the NBA, Fernández went back overseas to finish out his professional basketball career.

8. Raja Bell

Raja Bell is arguably one of the most underrated NBA players of all-time. As a deadly shooter and tenacious defender, Bell's presence was felt on both sides of the floor. The two-time NBA All-Defensive team member ranks 27th all-time in career 3-point field goal percentage.

9. Jason Maxiell

Jason Maxiell is the definition of an underdog. As an undersized 6'7" big-man in the NBA, Maxiell's athletic ability on both sides of the court came as a surprise too many players in the league. Maxiell's wide frame, ruthlessness, and vertical made him a scary opponent to come up against throughout the early 2000s.

10. Ronnie Brewer

Ronnie Brewer is easily the most underrated player on this list. Brewer was a freak athlete who's defensive abilities made him a highly demanded role player throughout the league early on in his career. Brewer averaged 12 points and 1.7 steals throughout his sophomore year in the NBA. He ranked 10th in steals throughout the season, 2nd in steal percentage, 7th in field goal percentage, and 8th in offensive rating. Inconsistency and injuries left Ronnie Brewer to be one of the NBA's biggest "what-if" players in history.