To My Best Friend, You’ve Been There Since Diapers And I Know You’ll Be Next To Me In The Rocking Chair

Having a best friend, is having someone that is by your side through thick and thin, no matter what.

206

One of the best things about having a best friend is the fact that they're always there for you, no matter what. You can go months without seeing them, but then reuniting and picking up right where you left off. This past winter break, my best friend and I were finally able to see each other after months of being away because of college, family vacation, and the holidays. Despite that fact that my parents moved an hour from my hometown, where all my friends are, she managed to drive down on her own just to see me! Now that is true dedication!

All through elementary school, middle school, high school, and now college, we've been there for each other through thick and thin. And although our lives are changing every day as we grow older, I know that we'll be friends until the end. A best friend should always be there. Like stars, you might not always see them, but they're always there.

When we parted ways, as it was time for me to come back to school, we realized that we had no idea when we were going to see each other next. Spending summer's doing internships and classes, there's no way to know when we'll see each other next. And although it's sad to touch on, I know that nothing can ever change our friendship. We've been through it all, she's been there for me and I'll always be there for her.

To my best friend, thank you for being there for me. Thank you for hanging out with me even though I said I wanted to be alone. Thank you for bringing me ice cream and chocolate when you know I just need it that day. And thank you for being my best friend and sticking by my side through it all.