Tim McGraw's 'My Little Girl' Is The Anthem For Every Daddy's Girl, Like Me
popular

I dedicate this to you, Dad.

15855

I've grown up admiring my father. A hard-working, selfless individual that does anything for his children. While he shares bonds with my brothers, the relationship we share always holds a special place in my heart. He is the man who makes me laugh on any occasion. He is the man who helps mend a broken heart. He is the man who never stops loving and supporting me.

As told by Tim McGraw's "My Little Girl," this portrays the relationship my dad and I will always share.

1. "Gotta hold on easy as I let you go."

As a father, one of the toughest ideas to grasp is that their little girl will grow up. But little do they know, we never let go of that unbreakable bond.

2. "Going to tell you how much I love you though you think you already know."

The relationships dads and daughters share is remarkable. Dads show love for their daughters in numerous ways. My dad shows his love for me by making me laugh. He tells jokes to cheer me up. My dad is supportive of my decisions and gives wise advice. Dads may not always say 'I love you,' but deep down, us daughters know and we cherish it.

3. "I remember I thought you looked like an angel."

From birth to messy eating childhood pictures. From prom day to wedding day, our dads think we are beautiful. Even at our worst moments, crying over a boy or no makeup on our faces, dads see their daughters as angels.

4. "Chase your dreams but always know the road that will lead you home again."

Eventually, that time will come for daughters to graduate, begin a career, get married and have a family of their own. Fathers want their daughters to follow their dreams. But deep down, dads want you to come to them for guidance. They want you to remember where you came from and that there is always a place for you back home.

5. "When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone."

In my childhood as a troublemaker, my dad and I look back and laugh at the mischievous wrongdoings I took part in. My devilish ways and crooked smile didn't make you stay mad at me for too long ;)

6. "Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand. But I won't say 'yes' to him unless I know he's the half that makes you whole."

Someday, us daughters will fall in love with someone who shares the same qualities as our fathers. As a father though, giving their daughters' hand in marriage is taken seriously. While a daughter has found her soulmate, her other favorite man will always be without a doubt her father. A father protects his daughter from a broken heart and he only gives his approval if he believes the man is worthy of his daughter.

7. "Go on, take on this world but to me you know you'll always be my little girl."

As I embark on my remaining years at Rider and my future life, I will always consider myself "Daddy's Little Girl."