Ford Cars That We Love

Ford Cars That We Love

There's a good chance we've all driven a Ford or spent a lot of time at Ford, but what are some of the best cars they've ever made?

94266
Ford Cars That We Love
Photo by Jessy Smith on Unsplash

There are arguably few bigger automakers than Ford. They are a company that shaped the auto industry as we know it today and with a solid reputation in the industry, our wide range of Ford leases has always been a popular choice among drivers.

With so many classics passing us by, we've looked back through Ford's illustrious history to select some of the best Ford cars ever made.

ford model T

Let's start where it all started with the Model T for the Ford Motor Company, first produced in the United States between 1908 and 1927, when Ford introduced the Model T as a car for mass marketing in the American market. made as.

At the time, the car market was dominated by German inventor Karl Benz and was absolutely inaccessible to most. At the time, the car market was nowhere near as large as it is today and most cars made by Benz were out of reach of the everyday driver. That's where the Ford Model T comes in – a car that took years to build and eventually became extremely popular after its release in 1908.

Each car reportedly sold for about $825, almost double the average annual salary for an American at the time. For context, The Independent reports that cars from this era typically cost over $2000, which sheds some light on why the Ford Model T was so popular because its prices only went down rather than up. Went. ,

Ford Everest 2022

Not surprisingly, the front of the Ford Everest 2022 will look a lot like the Ranger. That is, the availability of C-shaped LED daytime running lights and Matrix LED headlights.

The lower bezel appears to be a bit sleeker than the Range, perhaps intended to look a bit more luxurious than the off-road-focused Ranger.

Looking at the teaser video, the Everest will be available with a 360-degree camera, with the camera at the front, side and rear of the vehicle.

We expect the Ford Everest 2022 to have the same engine output as the Ranger, which is lower than the entry-level 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel.

Ford GT40

The Ford GT40 is one of the most famous cars ever produced by an American manufacturer thanks to its historic performance at Le Mans.

The GT40 was the first American car to win a race. The Ford GT40 Mk II, driven by Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon, won and played a 1-2-3 finish at Le Mans in 1966, ending a run of five consecutive wins for Ferrari. A victory that was a sweet moment for Henry Ford after his ongoing rivalry with Enzo Ferrari. Some of you may have seen the rivalry between Matt Damon and Christian Bale in the 2019 movie titled Ford vs Ferrari.

Such was the success of the Ford GT40 and its 7.0-litre V8 engine that the car won the next four Le Mans by 1970, with former British Formula One driver Jackie Oliver Racing during the 1969 victory. Belgian Jackie Ickx, the second most successful driver in Le Mans history, took his first of six victories in his Ford GT40.

Ford Escort

The Ford Escort became synonymous with the modern Ford marque after its launch in the late 1960s before being discontinued in 2004.

What made the Ford Escort so special and desirable was its versatility. It was a car that often earned the respect of being what you needed a family car? Tick. Your first lap around the car? Tick. He could do anything.

The Ford Escort was so popular at the time that it became the best-selling vehicle in the UK in the 1980s. The Admiral claims that over 4.1 million Escorts were sold in its lifetime and held the record for being a UK best seller before being second only to the Ford brand, the Ford Fiesta.
Ford Mustang

The Ford Mustang is considered by many to be the best Ford car of all time. So quintessentially American, it has an iconic look of strength, muscle and such.

It was developed by Ford to make high-performance muscle cars a little smaller and more affordable for young drivers, and it did just that.

They were so popular and relatively affordable that they created a whole new category that evolved from the term "muscle car", with the Ford Mustang creating the class of "pony car". Yes, this car is so good that it has created a class of its own... that tells you all.

Glorified in movies like James Bond and the Fast and Furious series, the Ford Mustang is a car that even the biggest petrol fans will love, but it stands out among casual car enthusiasts as well.

Ford Thunderbird

A car named "Thunderbird" will always be cool, won't it? Well, that's what we think anyway.

First introduced in the early 1950s as a two-seat convertible, it was developed to meet the growing demand for luxury cars.

Like the Ford Mustang, the Ford Thunderbird rose to fame on the big screen and was famously a car driven by Thelma and Lewis. Often used in advertising and even on postage stamps during its prime, the Thunderbird was a car that could be used on-road and off-road.