For When You Lose A Pet

For When You Lose A Pet

Losing a friend is never easy

56
For When You Lose A Pet
Morgan Lanyon

For Sage, the best cat ever (1999-2017) and anyone else who has lost a pet

There is no explanation as to why it hurts so much. Who would have thought that this little animal would leave such an imprint on your heart. And suddenly, they are no longer in your life. No longer there to greet you at the door, to curl up next to you when you sleep, to bug you incessantly until you feed them, to give you all the love that they can.

You mourn, and cry, and get angry that you suddenly are without them. And your friends try and comfort you, let you know everything will be okay, and that your pet loved you. You think it makes you feel better, but really, you know it does not.

How did this little animal, with whom you never spoke, come to mean so much to you, to the point where you feel lost without them?

But you did speak. You would talk to them, tell them every single one of your problems. Tell them about your day, or as what to wear. You knew the answers were not real, but it helped. When you were having a bad day, all you needed was a cuddle from them and everything would be better. Your life was better every second that they were in it.

But sadly, that came to an end. Whether it be nature's decision, or the vet gave a helping hand, your beautiful pet, your best friend, is now gone.

You feel ashamed for being as upset as you are. But no one understands the bond that you two shared. It was you and your furry friend, together forever.

But as they were in life, you feel that your partner in crime is still by your side. And you know it will get better, but for now, you just want to be allowed to miss them. And you constantly think about how they are probably having a blast on the other side. The entire world is their litter box, and they can finally go crazy.

Cry, be upset, but remember all the amazing times you had. You are forever changed because of this little creature, treasure it.