For The Woman Whose Been There Since Day One

She's never had to go above and beyond for me, but does anyway.

710
Sadie Klements

Throughout my lifetime I have been shown many times there will not always be many to stick it out with you, and that's ok. I have been fortunate enough to have someone that's been there for me since day one. This woman was there at the hospital when I was born and has never once left my side. Growing up she was my best friend and always bought me whatever it is I wanted just to see me smile, even if she was overly spoiling me, which she still does to this day. I always knew she would hold a special place in my heart forever, even more so nowadays. I never imagined a day would come that my own mother was not around. I also never knew I could feel so alone when I have so many family members relatively close to where I live. With that being said I owe a lot to the woman thats still never left my side and has always believed in me. Not only has she known every mistake I have ever made, but she's never seen anything less than the best in who I am and that means the world to me. She's come to help me in times I've really needed it and argues with me to set me straight. I may not always listen to her advice, but I know that I should. I have been lucky enough to grow up with such an amazing person in my life, I'm more than lucky now to have her there for me every step of the way through some of the hardest experiences I've ever had to go through. She calls or texts me at least once a day, and never forgets to tell me she loves me. She knows the kind of person I need there for me and she's never been anything less. I'm so grateful for her and everything she does, because she has never been obligated to take care of me the way she has. I wouldnt know what to do without her. Everything in this life happens for a reason, some of those reasons I'll never know but she was put in my life and I will never ask why. She has always had my back even when I've been wrong, and has pushed me to be a better person. I've learned how lonely this life can be, it's also made me far more grateul for those who have stuck with me and shown me they aren't going anywhere while I've stood by and watched a whole lot of them fall off the grid when I've really needed them. I will never have the words to explain how special this woman is or how much she means to me. This woman knows who she is, she is my grandma. For the past ten months she has been filling in for my mother and anyone else whose become absent in my life. It has been far easier knowing I dont have to go through anything without her, and that at the end of the day she will still be there for me no matter what.

You mean the absolute world to me Grams.