For The Doubters

For The Doubters

Give yourself the time, give yourself the confidence.

13
For The Doubters

I told a really good friend of mine I wanted to attempt the nursing school at University, and the look on her face was the tell-tale sign of sheer doubt.

I told my parents that even though I quit my job I could probably handle finances on my own for a while, and I heard the sigh of doubt in their voices over the phone.

I remember telling an old friend I was talking to that someday I'd try to rekindle my community service project from high school and I heard the concern in his voice when he said, "Are you sure..?"

We spend far too much of our time dreaming and hoping and reaching for new things to be told we can't, to be doubted, to be underestimated. The hiccups in our plans, the bumps in the road, the obstacles to be overcome are far less inconvenient than truly believing we cannot do something. If we have faith in ourselves and faith in the people around us, we can do the impossible.

It is imperative that we understand the strength in numbers.

It is imperative that we understand the strength of love and support.

It is imperative that we understand the emphasis on empathy.

In a world where empathy has been abandoned, choose to understand unconditionally.

As hard as it may be to find understanding for others, the extra energy spent teaches us so many things about ourselves and about the people around us. If anything, these attributes are vitally important for the vast majority of our day to day life.

For the ones out there struggling to find the support or encouragement you need, remember you can do it. Climb that mountain, ace that exam, create that organization, nail that presentation, work that overtime. You are fully capable.

For the ones out there struggling to find faith in themselves, you are worth the effort. Give yourself the time, give yourself the confidence. You are worth it and you deserve the best.

For the ones filled with doubt for others, start with a smile. Start with a laugh, a happy moment. Start with optimism. There is always a brighter side, and there is always room for improvement. Focusing on the negatives only leads you closer to a world of uncertainty.

For the ones who've given me the foundation and strength I've needed, you mean the world. I've accomplished so many things to be proud of thus far. I could not have done it without every single person who has touched me.

For everyone out there....

You can do it. We can all do it.