An Open Letter To My Brother

An Open Letter To My Brother

I couldn't do life without you.

753
An Open Letter To My Brother
Sposa Bella Photography

Brother,

I am so incredibly proud of the man you have become. You have accomplished so much in your short 19 years, and you have overcome so much. I don't always say this, because you annoy me too, but I am so thankful that God put you in my life. He gave me the best friend I could have ever asked for.

I can remember countless crazy stories of us when we were younger, mostly ones where you hurt me on purpose or blamed me for something and then said "I sowwey". At the time they weren't very funny, but looking back on them I think they're pretty funny now. One of my favorites is the time I went to a birthday party and painted a ceramic firetruck. You and dad came to pick me up and I thought you'd be so excited to see my sparkly red firetruck, but when I let you hold it, you whacked me on top of the head, breaking it in two because you were jealous. You immediately started screaming "I sowwey, I sowwey, I sowwey" and then proceeded to cry like you were the one that go hit. Another good one is when we were playing dinosaurs and you wanted to be the T-rex.....I didn't think you would actually bite me.

I did my fair share of crazy too. We can't forget the mouse I had you catch for me so I could keep it as a pet. You were so brave and went after it (and caught it) because I wanted it, even though it ended in a trip to the hospital because it bit you...You didn't even let go of it after it bit you. You put up with me calling you "little man" and "shrimpo" all through middle school, and you played karaoke with me even after you embarrassed yourself singing Brick House.

And in more recent years, you've put up with my crazy healthy food and drinks. The "Sweet Greens" juice we got was anything but sweet. You carried my guitar in to band practice every Sunday without hesitation, and you put up with me squealing and screaming at you when you were learning how to drive. You've killed countless bugs for me (even if I was screaming about one at three in the morning), and you let me use you as my photography model when you were on leave.

You're my best friend and you never doubt to put a smile on my face. You're my greatest protector, nobody looks out for me like you do. You're my partner in crime, and you're the keeper of all our inside jokes. I couldn't imagine not having you in my life. You've helped shape me into the person I am today, and I am so thankful God gave me you. Life would be boring if it were just me.

You're off doing great things for yourself and this country now, and I know I'm not the only one who is grateful for you. We're growing up and finding our own paths in life, but you will always be my best friend, and you're my favorite brother.

I love you to the moon and back.

-Your favorite sister