Food Quotes To Satisfy Your Hunger

Food Quotes To Satisfy Your Hunger

Food, glorious food!

919
Food Quotes To Satisfy Your Hunger
Jessica Mulligan

I love food. When times are bad, I eat. Let's say my heart is broken, or the person I love is too far away, or I like someone who won't ever like me back, I will eat. If I get a bad grade on an essay, or I miss a flight, or I oversleep, or my dog decides she does not want to come when I call her, I will eat. Any sad situation leads me right to the fridge. I distinctly remember that on a night I was particularly sad a few years ago, my brother took me to the grocery store and let me pick out any Ben & Jerry's flavor I wanted. On the flip side, I eat when I am happy. When I got a 4.0 GPA, or when my brother performed a solo in his choir concert, or when the Tony Awards were on TV, I ate. When I received my biggest scholarship to college, I went out for pizza with my family. I'll eat cookies, chips, cookie dough, pretzels, noodles and literally any snack food that is made available to me.

I honestly cannot think of a single situation that could not be enhanced by the addition of some sort of edible food item in my hands.

Yet, somehow, words fall short when I try to describe how beautifully comforting I find food to be. So here is a compilation of some of my favorite food quotes. You could even call this a love letter, thought up by me and several other personalities you may or may not recognize.

1. "Food, like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power, has that ability to comfort." - Norman Kolpas

2. "Food is not about impressing people. It's about making them feel comfortable." -Ina Garten

3. "All food is comfort food. Maybe I just like to chew." - Lewis Black

4. "The best comfort food will always be greens, cornbread, and fried chicken." - Maya Angelou

5. "Food is the most primitive form of comfort." - Sheilah Graham Westbrook

6. "Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." - Mark Twain

7. "There is no sincerer love than the love of food." - George Bernard Shaw

8. "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf

9. "I could talk food all day. I love good food." - Tom Brady

10. "The only think I like better than talking about food is eating." - John Walters

11. "My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order." - Dolly Parton

12. "Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly." - M.F.K. Fisher

13. "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

14. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” - Orson Welles

15. "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

16. "Forget love, I'd rather fall in chocolate!" - Wanda Sykes

That's my Sweet 16 of some of the sweetest food-loving quotes. So don't forget, if you ever notice I'm looking a little sad, I will most likely accept an offer of chocolate. I'm just putting it out there.