The Best Way To Entertain Your Family At Thanksgiving Dinner

For when you don't wanna grandma to ask your significant other too many questions.

59

Warning: some of these jokes are so bad; they may make you cringe.

As the holiday season rolls around, and you begin to wonder how that first Thanksgiving with your significant other and grandmother will go, thoughts of table conversation will likely cross your mind. Will grandma say something offensive? Will my significant other tell my extended family about that one time at Beta?

Have no fear, because there is one table topic every American family loves – food puns. When I asked my friend what her favorite Thanksgiving related food pun was, she responded with “don’t be a turkey.” Here are some food puns your family might actually enjoy this Thanksgiving season:

Start out the evening on a good note... “Looking for puns? I’m a pun-king.”

For that pre-dinner glass of wine to get the night rolling... “What did the grape say when it was crushed? Not much, just let out a little wine. “

When mom asks you to help her make the mashed potatoes.... “That doesn’t sound that a-peeling.”

While you’re stuck making the mashed potatoes with mom... “What do you call a potato that is hesitant to jump into boiling water? A hez-a-tater.”

As you start to fill your plate with different foods... “What did the corn say when the turkey complimented him? Aw shucks!”

When your family passes you the turkey for the second time, say “we meat again.”

As you eat your tenth bread roll of the meal, tell your family “I’m on a roll.”

When someone asks you to pass the jello, sing “jello from the other side!”

When you’re eating sweet potato casserole and your family keeps asking why you keep bringing up food puns... “I yam what I yam.”

When it gets to be about 3:14 in the afternoon... “I think it’s time for pi, everyone.”

And my favorite food pun of all time completely unrelated to Thanksgiving dinner...

Your family might be annoyed with your horrendous puns, but at least grandma won't ask your boyfriend too many questions. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner, and good luck entertaining those pesky relatives!